bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, October 22, 2003 8:38:55 AM
Here you go,as promised,enjoy !!!
[url][/url]http://community.webshots.com/user/bigeli100
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Midway Provydr
Wednesday, October 22, 2003 8:59:53 AM
Nice Photos Bigeli!! ill be posting some this evening also [8D]
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:12:25 AM
Thank you,I look forward to seeing yours.I went yesterday and there was a good crowd for a tuesday,we had a great time.I think they could have had a few less "wacky wire" joints though,they were everywhere!I noticed the committee taking measurements of the food joints,must have been rent time,lol.
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
Cstephens
Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:19:54 AM
great pics, i'm sure that the k.m.g fire ball is providing a lot of compitition for the freak out, this is the first time i've seen both of them at the same event, they look like good money makers, looks like the slingshot (drop tower) is having problems again, lets hope mid america can fix it before the fair ends.
shiftgreen
Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:20:14 AM
this is yr is awesome , the attendance has been setting record numbers the whole week. it would be amazing if we could get over 850,000. that would maybe give strates a contract. Also I went last night and it looked like the KMG fireball wasnt working. So I hope its ok. I love this years fair layout, its the best yet I think. The one thing the ticks me off , is the london broil sandwhichs are now 6 bucks, when alst yr they were 4.50, but non-the less, they are awesome.
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:24:02 AM
I pigged out on the fried candy bar booth as well as numerous local food booths.The fire ball and the freak out appeared to be minature compared to butler's versions,[they're like three times as big],but all in all the rides appeared to be grossing $$$$.
Midway Provydr
Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:40:35 AM
Bigeli, Shiftgreen, i was there last night too! we all probably crossed paths at the same time and didnt even know it, lol. I had two footlong hotdogs then had the nerve to eat two dipped ice cream sundae cones, then i rode the scorpion and freak out back to back, talking about a unsettled stomach, but it calmed down after a bit. it was a little windy at the top of strates giant wheel too. [:D]
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Wednesday, October 22, 2003 9:44:56 AM
I was there between noon and 3:30,wife's pregnant so had to get back to wilmington before dinner,lol. .T.W. the Nw Haover county fair here in wilmington,{2 hours east on I40 from raleigh},is coming up this week.I don't know who does it but I'll post link soon.
shiftgreen
Wednesday, October 22, 2003 10:11:18 AM
I thought the KMG Fireball was as big as the yget, other than the one I saw with 8 arms, but I didnt hink it was any higher. Who is Butler? Im curious to know.
thanx
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Wednesday, October 22, 2003 10:27:39 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by shiftgreen

I thought the KMG Fireball was as big as the yget, other than the one I saw with 8 arms, but I didnt hink it was any higher. Who is Butler? Im curious to know.
thanx

[url][/url]www.butleramusements.com
go to rides and they should have pics,also look at my "west coast" albums in my webshots link.
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Wednesday, October 22, 2003 10:30:22 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bigeli

The fire ball and the freak out appeared to be minature compared to butler's versions,[they're like three times as big]

Or maybe I'm confused [?] They seemed bigger in California.
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Wednesday, October 22, 2003 10:32:46 AM
I stand corrected,they're the same size,sorry for the confusion,I am a "splinter head" after all,but I'm trying to learn all the rides.[:D]
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, October 22, 2003 10:57:56 AM
"Phabulous Photos!" Really nice, BigEli. I like. As usual, Strates looks really good. Looks like the Cape Fear has been repainted with new scenery, I like it from what I could see. [:)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
rdcolles
  •  rdcolles
  • 57.6% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, October 22, 2003 12:40:29 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

"Phabulous Photos!" Really nice, BigEli. I like. As usual, Strates looks really good. Looks like the Cape Fear has been repainted with new scenery, I like it from what I could see. [:)]

Could be they repainted Cape Fear to remove some of the artwork on it. If my memory serves me correct, weren't they not allowed to take it to Minnesota because of the artwork?
oscar de grouch
Wednesday, October 22, 2003 1:04:38 PM
No, they took it to Minnesota one year (or two) but they had to cover up some of it. They viewed some of the artwork as "bondage" [8)]