shiftgreen
Monday, October 20, 2003 11:23:43 AM
I just saw they replaced the web cam with a streamlined video cam, so everything is real time, and it overlooks the whole midway, its difficult to see it now, b/c of the sun lighting, but i think its off to a good start, its so kewl though. They must have read my feed back mentioning they should get one, i doubt it, but you never know... here is a link.

http://www.ncstatefair.org/2003webcam.htm 
shiftgreen
Monday, October 20, 2003 11:55:33 AM
well, thats weird..the link i gave u seems to go to the older version... they must be working on it still.
sorry, maybe they will have it running again soon.
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, October 20, 2003 12:04:17 PM
Thanx shiftgreen,I'm going tomorrow morning,I'll be taking some pics and will post asap.
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
oscar de grouch
Monday, October 20, 2003 12:48:15 PM
awww I don't like this one, I liked the other one better because you could see up close on the midway. I was gonna have my husband go stand by one so his kids could see him there darn it [:(]
shiftgreen
Monday, October 20, 2003 12:57:00 PM
its not working for me anymore, it went back to the original, they must be working on it.
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, October 20, 2003 1:25:19 PM
Ok guys I am not sure am I seeing last years pics? or is this now, because I am not having a bit of trouble gettin clear pics, altho the sun is in the way a little. Can some one speed me on things? thanks
it's never 'DANGEROUS' being who you are
shiftgreen
Monday, October 20, 2003 2:05:53 PM
no this is this years.. but ealier today for about an hr or so it was a real time video camera... meaning it was playing real time instead of snapshots. I wish they would go back to the streamline, im not sure why they got rid of it after the first hr. I hope it will come back.
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, October 20, 2003 4:54:33 PM
thanks shift! I understand now, I have to agree I would like to see stream, also, but any thing to see the fair is good ! I wish that they had picked a better pic then to see the kiddy ride Titanic, My old boss runs that now. I would like to have seen some of the spectaculars. I remember one year we played raleigh that it snowed so hard that you could not see one side of the midway to the other ! now that was something to see !
jay
  •  jay
  • 50.66% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Monday, October 20, 2003 5:11:06 PM
Hay guys I just watched for about 2 min, and the image never changed. Do I need a special veiwer? I just again and its still the same?
http://jessopamuse.com 
How you make a small fortune in the carnival bussiness.
Start with a large one!
back40
  •  back40
  • 50.48% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, October 21, 2003 2:35:22 PM
I am trying again today but I can not get anything to work, where do we complain !!!
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, October 21, 2003 5:43:22 PM
it was working earlier today. wral has one also showing the fair from a distance. you can see dorton arena and the wheels.
riverwood
Thursday, October 23, 2003 4:44:11 AM

I watched the Cam last night and it was working great. The shots are amazing.[:0]
I didn't see a streaming video but the Camera that is shooting the still shots is very clear. I can see the expressions on the kids on the Titanic and the Busy Bee...Awesome.
Makes me want to make a "come back".
[:D]
JustinJames
Thursday, October 23, 2003 4:47:50 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by oscar de grouch

awww I don't like this one, I liked the other one better because you could see up close on the midway. I was gonna have my husband go stand by one so his kids could see him there darn it [:(]

Just tell them to look for the tall tree that walks.[;)] Just teasin ya Katie. Hope all is well with you and the the family.