Thndrros
  •  Thndrros
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help Topic Starter
Monday, October 20, 2003 12:39:44 PM
I have been trying to put together a book about the carnival life. However I have been getting many different facts about Rides and when they came to the United States. I am also looking for people that are willing to answer a questionier about their "life" in our world. If anyone is willing to help I would really appreciate it! Thanks!!
Thndrros
AMHY
  •  AMHY
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Monday, October 20, 2003 12:47:52 PM
If I can help you out in anyway ,I would hope to think that you would know I might be able to help you out.I am also from Maine here and have worked with you and I hope to work more with you too.Later
Amhy
oscar de grouch
Monday, October 20, 2003 12:49:08 PM
crazy dance
Monday, October 20, 2003 10:10:54 PM
I am from maine as well, lived in the augusta area for years, for carnival history their is a whole book on the world of mirth shows, played augusta in the 60s at the legion hall of rt17,what fairs in maine do you attend?Fryburg is a good fair,I think smokeys needs a good electrician to fix the lighting problems he has, Windsor fair by Rockwell Amusements is by far the best fair in Maine!
Drayven
Tuesday, October 21, 2003 8:41:47 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Thndrros

I have been trying to put together a book about the carnival life.

There is a good book called "Inside the Reptile Tent" on general info, carnival history (I think it's all American information). "Freakery" is a good sort of theoretical/historical review of sideshows.

http://www.personal.psu....y/v/a/vac3/ride1960.html 

It's a kind of a 'grassroots' site on patents on carnival rides, etc. & lots of links. Just to get an idea of the timeline, if that's helpful.

Have fun!

Peace + Love = Information
Toni
  •  Toni
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Tuesday, October 21, 2003 10:29:58 AM
If there is a way you can e mail the questions I can get my dad to answer it for you. He has been around. Started out with Goodings. His views may be of some help. But as far as way back history all I have is 2 photos b/w of from the late 60's or eairly 70's. I can scan them in if you would like them
AMHY
  •  AMHY
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Wednesday, October 22, 2003 8:34:37 AM
If you would like any help I would be willing to help you out and do your Questionare too.I think that alot of people would be willing and would like to help you out because you were a great worker out on the road.
Amhy