ECZenith
  •  ECZenith
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Wednesday, November 19, 2003 9:49:32 AM
Hi, does anyone here have the Faller Jungle Train model? I was told the Music Express required you to put a hole in the surface it would sit on, like the Mammoth Cave kit. Is this true, and is it the same for the Jungle Train kit? (Since they are similar) I want to order one tonight, but I'd like to have a hole cut in the table before it gets here.

Thanks for your help!

"If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much room."
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, November 19, 2003 10:18:47 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by ECZenith

Hi, does anyone here have the Faller Jungle Train model? I was told the Music Express required you to put a hole in the surface it would sit on, like the Mammoth Cave kit. Is this true, and is it the same for the Jungle Train kit? (Since they are similar) I want to order one tonight, but I'd like to have a hole cut in the table before it gets here.

Thanks for your help!

Yes, for both the Musik Express and Jungle Train in order to mount the motor you will have to cut out a hole in the table in order to have the model sit flat. Both models are nice, both nicely detailed, but IMHO I like the Jungle Train better (I have both). Check Ebay too, sometimes you can get one cheaper than the store, still brand new. (I just got a Faller Giant Wheel for $48 plus $6 shipping off Ebay, brand new still wrapped, about $15-$20 cheaper than on-line stores like Euro-Rail and Walthers.) Just type FALLER under search. Off the top of my head I cannot recall just how far below the bottom of the ride the motor sticks out. It sits at an angle in the middle of the model. Hope this helps. [:)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
ECZenith
  •  ECZenith
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Wednesday, November 19, 2003 1:54:52 PM
Just won a bid on e-bay for a Jungle Train - $65.00. Brand new and shrink-wrapped. I always find great deals there, I wish more people would sell ride kits on ebay, I'm trying to find some specific items even walthers doesn't have in stock. Jungle Train was a pretty good deal at 65, it usually goes for $90.00 on Walther's.

Thanks for the help.

Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, November 19, 2003 2:19:32 PM
Jungle Train was $64.98 in the Walthers September brochure, price good thru Nov 30.
ECZenith
  •  ECZenith
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
Wednesday, November 19, 2003 2:57:21 PM
Wow, didn't realize the sale prices lasted that long.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, November 19, 2003 3:03:56 PM
Those Walthers sale brochures are usually good for 3 months. For example the November one is good thru January 31.

Faller carnival kits in the latest ad:
Topin Dodgem $98.98
free fall Tower $123.98
Mouse Circus & Hamburger stand $24.98 (new, just shipped)
"Undulation" WAVE SWINGER $166.98 (reg $239.99)

Many local hobby shops will order these for you at these prices. Or you can order thru Walthers Terminal Hobby Shop.