bladerunner
Tuesday, March 25, 2003 8:48:53 AM
i prefer the car, cause it disorients your mind and you dont know where you are going at times.also like the fact tht the car is creeping slowly through the darkness
Teddybear_Lar
Thursday, March 27, 2003 3:00:55 PM
Good point and you dont have marks dawdling around but i like the walk through, myself. [8D]TB[8D]
Katie
  •  Katie
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Thursday, March 27, 2003 3:33:15 PM
i definately do not like the walk throughs my sister and i were in one when we were young and some of the marks tried to catch her hair on fire and were scareing us pretty bad. Its a damn shame when you cannot feel safe in your own "home"
mamma teena
Friday, June 13, 2003 5:12:39 PM
Has to be the car... Feels like more adventure and suspence...
Always,Mamma
"With It...For It... Love It...Live It"
Steve F.
Monday, June 16, 2003 11:45:48 PM
I prefur the well done walkthrough attraction. Amusement's of America's ex Frightmare was very good. It had lots of twists and turns as well as some well placed air piston tricks. Then again AofA's Thriller is extremely lousy. Its just a funhouse in the dark with moving floors which hardly qualifies as a "dark ride". Walking through the ride is more of an adventure then having a car pilot you through the maze. The best walk though I've ever been on goes out to Dracula's Castle (RIP) of Wildwood, NJ. It was a permanent structure (although not impervious to fires set by organized crime(?)), which had a walkthrough on the top and an old mill boat ride on the bottom. The walkthrough would have been much better if it didn't feature live actors pushing you though the attraction but it was still a class act.
bigeli
  •  bigeli
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, June 18, 2003 10:12:05 AM
Walk throughs seem to be scarrier,but ride throughs are also good because you have no control you are forced to go around the next corner,or turn.
So, in a few years, if you're walking down a midway and see a Sixcat or a Swinger or a bucket, look around. You might recognize an old man with a smile on his face. Especially if he's saying, "Hey Buddy, can I ask ya?" -sixcat,circa. 2007
kylebx
Tuesday, July 29, 2003 11:01:00 PM
The Astrosphere at Funtown USA is the best. It's a scrambler with strobe lights and plays music of the Electric Light Orchestra as pictures rotate around inside.
Steve F.
Friday, August 8, 2003 1:51:35 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by kylebx

The Astrosphere at Funtown USA is the best. It's a scrambler with strobe lights and plays music of the Electric Light Orchestra as pictures rotate around inside.

Thats not exactly a Dark Ride, just a scrambler in a darkened building.

There was this themepark, I think it was called Islands of Adventure which has a ride which they billed as a darkride called "Tomb Raider". As it turns out the ride isn't a darkride at all, its just a Huss Top Spin in an enclosed building.[V]