WestCoastPat
  •  WestCoastPat
  • 59.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, March 17, 2003 12:39:55 PM
Any idea why I would be getting this eror message?

"The page cannot be displayed
There are too many people accessing the Web site at this time.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the www.rideguy.com  home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected
Internet Information Services"

I find it hard to believe that at 3:30 pm west coast time there are too many people on the board. I click back arrow and it will let me get back to the board sometimes, but sometimes I have to go thru this several times.
Thanks for any suggestions.
WestCoastPat

WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
squirrel
Monday, March 17, 2003 2:10:09 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by WestCoastPat

Any idea why I would be getting this eror message?

"The page cannot be displayed
There are too many people accessing the Web site at this time.

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the www.rideguy.com  home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected
Internet Information Services"

I find it hard to believe that at 3:30 pm west coast time there are too many people on the board. I click back arrow and it will let me get back to the board sometimes, but sometimes I have to go thru this several times.
Thanks for any suggestions.
WestCoastPat

Unfortunately, the message you are recieving is not in error. Since we have upgraded the forum to the new software, we have noticed about a 150% surge in daily traffic to the forum. Currently, this website recieves approximately 10,000 hits per day to the various pages on the site, and unfortunately, it does put a slight straign on the server. Currently, we are working towards upgrading the current server capacity, but that is all currently limited to financial resources, as the hosting space for this forum is donatet by myself to Matt C., and the rest of the forum members and guests.

I apoligize for the inconveniences at this point, and appreciate your patience as all of us work towards our next upgrade for the forum.