crazyspin
  •  crazyspin
  • 59.46% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, March 17, 2003 9:02:11 AM
Which show has your favorite ride line up [?]
BAZOOKIE
Monday, March 17, 2003 9:21:40 AM
I have never attended a "REITHOFFER" show, but they look pretty good. I was on the NJ state fair website and there are some good aerial shots of the lot. Looks clean and very organized. I remember when AoA did the Super Ex here in Ottawa. I thought it was great, but after time the clean factor dropped. Conklin now does the show and I was impressed to see such clean equipment(mostly new stuff). However Conklin has the Super shows division, which is Super S**T. Thats where they put the old stuff like round-ups, scramblers, tilt-a-whirls, sky diver etc. I'm pretty sure its a mobile catalog of used old rides for sale. http://www.njstatefair.org/thisyear/about.html 

Chris "Bazookie"
Ontario, Canada
“We will make electricity so cheap that only the rich will burn candles.”
― Thomas A. Edison
Michael
Monday, March 17, 2003 9:29:06 AM
I have never seen RCS except in fotos but they look the most impressive. I see Conklin and they too are impressive but they need some repaintng on some of the spectaculars.
" you know...someday this war going to end :-(".. Robert Duvall.. Apocolypse Now)
BeauceCarnavalMan
Monday, March 17, 2003 9:29:25 AM
Conklin group's World Finest Shows does the Super EX in Ottawa
they also book in pieces from their Super Shows and the log fume and Mark IV Coaster from the Big show (Conklin Shows)
BeauceCarnavalMan
BeauceCarnavalMan
Monday, March 17, 2003 9:35:09 AM
Hey Guys you know that Conklin legal name is Conklin and Garrett when its in Canada and in the states its legal name is Conklin shows.

I guess thats for income tax reasons.
BeauceCarnavalMan
BAZOOKIE
Monday, March 17, 2003 9:41:45 AM
Anything to avoid the tax man! Probably for insurance reasons too...you never know.

Chris "Bazookie"
Ontario, Canada
― Thomas A. Edison
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, March 17, 2003 10:05:22 AM
the usa unit used to be named the southern comfort unit. conklin and garrett was a railroad show many years ago. i didnt know the name garrett was still used.
BAZOOKIE
Monday, March 17, 2003 10:20:07 AM
They also used to have Conklins Magic Midways as a US unit to right?? I think they still call it that for one of the shows in Michigan?

Chris "Bazookie"
Ontario, Canada
― Thomas A. Edison
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, March 17, 2003 10:26:59 AM
they bought out deggelar magic midways in the early 80s. that where that name came from.
BAZOOKIE
Monday, March 17, 2003 10:35:17 AM
Ah, I was wondering about the origin. My company is now called Majic Midways. When I did my name search it showed Conklin used to own a version of it. There used to be a link that showed they still called it that in one location, but it seems to have disappeared. I guess they gave up on changing their name all the time.

Chris "Bazookie"
Ontario, Canada
― Thomas A. Edison
ridefab
Monday, March 17, 2003 11:08:14 AM
Matthew
Monday, March 17, 2003 12:30:44 PM
Yes, Conklin bought out a carnival operator called Canada's Magic Midways. Their trailers would have Canada's Magic Midways on them and the Conklin logo.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by BAZOOKIE

Ah, I was wondering about the origin. My company is now called Majic Midways. When I did my name search it showed Conklin used to own a version of it. There used to be a link that showed they still called it that in one location, but it seems to have disappeared. I guess they gave up on changing their name all the time.

iuse2no
Monday, March 17, 2003 12:49:09 PM
A of A looked great in Raleigh, NC. Their attention to the patron was well thought out. The show also looks great at the Coastal Carolina Fair, in SC.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Tuesday, March 18, 2003 7:37:18 AM
Hey Matthew Canada's Magic Midways when under
cause the owner went through a devorce and he had to sell everything
to give half to his ex wife.
He has sold most of his things.
He still has his Zipper, Mini enterpise and spider up for sale
and some other pieces.
He booked in with Conklin for the CNE alot of his pieces.
He had his own spots. He use to do Yonge and Steeles there in Toronto
and Centerpoint before Campbell's got the spot.

BeauceCarnavalMan
Teddybear_Lar
Tuesday, March 18, 2003 1:33:27 PM
wade shows has a good lineup. murphy bros. used to really rock! [8D][8D][8D]TEDDYBEARS[8D][8D][8D]