mikenedie2
Saturday, May 1, 2010 5:36:06 PM
Georgia State fair started Thursday the 29th and as of today Sat. the 1st the traffic has been horrible we had 6 vendors pull out today and more will follow tomorrow. with 50 something vendors in the buildings there is many duplicate products including 3 dip booths 2 matress booths 2 sheet booths and 2 carpet cleaning booths among other duplicate booths. What a disorganized fair. Many things have been promised but nothing has been delivered. Sad situation here. No traffic and very poor organization. All new vendors at this fair, And I bet none will be back. I do not recommend this fair to any vendor.
Edie
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Saturday, May 1, 2010 7:52:14 PM
theres 2 types of fair boards

1-realizes less is more and controls what goes where and how much

2-takes all the money they can get from everyone they can get to listen
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, May 1, 2010 8:08:16 PM
this thing sounds like dreck to me .
is this the first year ?
i haven't played any state fairs in many years but besides tampa when did they start playing state fairs so early in the year ?
i hope those people playing it will get the nut.
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, May 2, 2010 5:10:12 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tre in GA

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by john777

is this the first year ?
i haven't played any state fairs in many years but besides tampa when did they start playing state fairs so early in the year ?

They did move it to the spring this year John. It opened thursday, With A of A, Dixieland and Jane Baxter supplying the rides......
As to how its going I have no clue tho but I am thinking of going up there.
http://www.georgiastatefair.org/ 
trey

i'm sure they will have a very nice spread for the marks , i don't think i would book it.
best of luck to all playing the spot
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, May 2, 2010 5:18:06 AM
I heard it was very slow so far
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, May 2, 2010 7:23:32 AM
What's the weather been sofar down there??? I don't know any State Fairs that have only one of a kind booths unless it's a real unique item...

You in th epitch biz mikenedie?
mikenedie2
Sunday, May 2, 2010 7:57:14 AM
The weather is good a little warm but no rain. This fair has so many problems. Food vendors are moving out today with one week left of fair. Another 6 or more vendors are leaving today. I have never been to a fair or any other kind of event that had a truck giveaway and the truck that they are giving is a used truck. It is a 1986 Isuzu truck with over 100 thousand miles, a manual tranny with rust on the truck, repainted purple, not original paint color, dirty interior, bondo all over truck. This is the BIG GEORGIA STATE FAIR GIVEAWAY. What an embarrassment this should be for them.
Edie
bhb
  •  bhb
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Sunday, May 2, 2010 12:48:10 PM
JUST TO SET THE STORY STRAIGHT THE FAIR AND THE FAIR BOARD IS DOING JUST FINE THEY HAVE DID A GREAT JOB ON GETING THE PEOPLE OUT HERE AND LETTING THEM KNOW THAT THE FAIR IS NOW IN THE SPRING.IN MY OPINION THERE IS NO PLACE BETTER TO BE AT THIS TIME OF YEAR.WITH THERE EFFORTS AND HARD WORK THIS WILL BE A BIGGER AND BETTER FAIR IN TIME.YOU SHOULD NOT BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE A FAIR LIKE YOU ARE.HOW DO WE KNOW IT'S NOT YOU WITH A BAD OPERATION.YOU MAKE IT SOUND ALL LIKE THE FAIR'S FAULT YOU CAN'T WIN NO MONEY.YOU MUST NOT BE FROM ANY PART OF THE SOUTH BECOUSE WINNING A OLD USED TRUCK IS A GOOD THING IN GEORGIA.AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT SOME OF THE VENDOR'S WHERE ONLY BOOKED FOR THE FIRST WEEKEND DO TO PRIOR ENGAGEMENT'S.THE FIRST WEEKEND IS ALLMOST OVER AND THE GROSS IS ABOUT THE SAME AS THE LAST YEAR THEY HELD THE FAIR IN THE FALL (2008).SO FOR CHANGING THE FAIR DATE'S SIX MONTH'S I WOULD SAY THEY ARE DOING A GREAT JOB.
ALL BY THE WAY IAM SORRY TO HERE WHAT EVER YOUR DOING YOUR NOT SO GOOD AT IT.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by mikenedie2

The weather is good a little warm but no rain. This fair has so many problems. Food vendors are moving out today with one week left of fair. Another 6 or more vendors are leaving today. I have never been to a fair or any other kind of event that had a truck giveaway and the truck that they are giving is a used truck. It is a 1986 Isuzu truck with over 100 thousand miles, a manual tranny with rust on the truck, repainted purple, not original paint color, dirty interior, bondo all over truck. This is the BIG GEORGIA STATE FAIR GIVEAWAY. What an embarrassment this should be for them.

bhb
  •  bhb
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Sunday, May 2, 2010 12:54:17 PM
THE SHOW LOOK'S GOOD OVER 40 RIDE'S AND 75 JOINT'S A OF A HAS THE FAIR BILLY TUCKER IS BOOKED WITH 15 RIDE'S,JANE BAXTER VIVONA WITH 3 RIDE'S AND BOB MCKNIGHT WITH 6 RIDE'S A OF A HAS THE REST.
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

is this the first year ?

They did move it to the spring this year John. It opened thursday, With A of A, Dixieland and Jane Baxter supplying the rides......
trey

bob4554
  •  bob4554
  • 55.26% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, May 2, 2010 1:48:42 PM
anyone gonna be brave enough to get pics? And im sorry i was born and raised in the south and if im gonna win a truck it better be new
Bob

Pete
  •  Pete
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Sunday, May 2, 2010 1:56:30 PM
There will always be knockers, just part of the biz.

From my view point the Fair board is doing a rather good job with what they have. You have to realize that this is a state fair that gets absolutely no funding from the state, did not have a fair last year and had a down year before that, so the board did not have a lot of money to spread around. Big name entertainment, new trucks to give away and things such as that cost money!! The only way that the board could afford that is though sponsorships and I can tell you that sponsors around here are few and far between right now.

I applaud the fair and A of A for moving it to the spring, this was a fair on the way down and I think that they are going to be able to revive it. No, the Georgia State Fair will never be Perry, but I think that it will turn into a very nice spring date that the Vivonas will be proud to have on their route.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, May 2, 2010 1:56:51 PM
Judging from bhb's typin he ain't spent much tyme in skuul. Can U trust a man like ghat?
UserPostedImage
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, May 2, 2010 2:31:38 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bhb

THE SHOW LOOK'S GOOD OVER 40 RIDE'S AND 75 JOINT'S A OF A HAS THE FAIR BILLY TUCKER IS BOOKED WITH 15 RIDE'S,JANE BAXTER VIVONA WITH 3 RIDE'S AND BOB MCKNIGHT WITH 6 RIDE'S A OF A HAS THE REST.
Quote:

quote:

Quote:

quote:

is this the first year ?

trey

75 joints wow
any idea on the rent [?]
book em if you can
more power to them
and i am not knocking just saying i wouldn't play it.
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
mikenedie2
Sunday, May 2, 2010 2:42:32 PM
In response to bhb. You have no clue what you are talking about. I am friends with many vendors and none of them booked this show for the first weekend only. That doesn't happen in this industry. First of all any legitimate fair would not except a turn over like that. Now to address you thoughts on the used truck giveaway. I am from the south, I am from Louisiana. I would be offended to get a call from someone telling me I won a 1986 used truck that has a window sticker on it saying "AS IS". What a joke. The sign on the truck says it will be given away on Sat the 8th. The tickets for the drawing say it will be given away on the 9th. The signs in the building say we are open for business from 11:00am - 9:00pm Sunday, but the website said the gates opened today at noon. The great PBS show The Between the Lions had 6 people watching it this morning. They had more people behind the show producing it. Also they are not even mentioned in the brochure that was printed for the fair. Wat a disgrace. They now have 38 empty booths that have moved out of the vendor buildings as of 6:00 pm the first Sunday of the fair with more to go in the am. Looks like is is not just me as you have implied. Can't believe it can be that many vendors that all got it wrong. We have been lied to and mislead from day one. I could go on and on but what good will it do. Get your facts right fisrt before your accuse someone of not doing good business. My prediction is this fair will be over after this year.
Edie
JustinJames
Sunday, May 2, 2010 2:50:07 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by mikenedie2

In response to bhb. You have no clue what you are talking about. I am friends with many vendors and none of them booked this show for the first weekend only. That doesn't happen in this industry. First of all any legitimate fair would not except a turn over like that. Now to address you thoughts on the used truck giveaway. I am from the south, I am from Louisiana. I would be offended to get a call from someone telling me I won a 1986 used truck that has a window sticker on it saying "AS IS". What a joke. The sign on the truck says it will be given away on Sat the 8th. The tickets for the drawing say it will be given away on the 9th. The signs in the building say we are open for business from 11:00am - 9:00pm Sunday, but the website said the gates opened today at noon. The great PBS show The Between the Lions had 6 people watching it this morning. They had more people behind the show producing it. Also they are not even mentioned in the brochure that was printed for the fair. Wat a disgrace. They now have 38 empty booths that have moved out of the vendor buildings as of 6:00 pm the first Sunday of the fair with more to go in the am. Looks like is is not just me as you have implied. Can't believe it can be that many vendors that all got it wrong. We have been lied to and mislead from day one. I could go on and on but what good will it do. Get your facts right fisrt before your accuse someone of not doing good business. My prediction is this fair will be over after this year.

Yet you are still there??? Hmmm.