Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, February 1, 2010 4:51:57 AM
Link to the Florida state fair webcam. Works pretty good at night also. Thanks to bob4554 for the link

http://media.myfoxtampabay.com/floridastatefair/ 
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Monday, February 1, 2010 11:45:32 AM
lights are all on at the fairgrounds, reithoffers giant wheel looks good on webcam with the led's.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Skywheelrider
Monday, February 1, 2010 11:51:29 AM
Looks cool. Nice to see a Sky Wheel standing tall! LOL [:D]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
Monday, February 1, 2010 11:56:42 AM
call the office chris, have them turn the lights on!!

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Looks cool. Nice to see a Sky Wheel standing tall! LOL [:D]

www.modernmidways.com 
bob4554
  •  bob4554
  • 55.26% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, February 1, 2010 4:15:04 PM
More photos have been posted in the other thread if you want a closer look
Bob

Matt C.
Monday, February 1, 2010 4:19:58 PM
Just updated the other FSF thread with Wade's progress:

http://www.carnivalwareh...1918&REPLY_ID=265908 
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
cny_chris
Thursday, February 4, 2010 6:05:43 AM
Looks like Fighter got a prime corner at the crossroads of the midways, diagonally opposite the HitIn 2000 (Space Loop and Teacups have been located there before). Watching the camera last night, that's one heck of a lightshow that the Reithoffer Giant Wheel with the LED's puts on.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
bob4554
  •  bob4554
  • 55.26% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
razduck
Saturday, February 13, 2010 2:06:10 PM
any people coming out?
are the joints getting the nut?
JustJeff
Saturday, February 13, 2010 3:47:42 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by razduck

any people coming out?
are the joints getting the nut?

Me and my wife were there today..Got there around three..It seemed like a decent crowd to me,but when we left around 8,it had thinned out quite a bit.Quite cool after the sun went down.

I did not see much action on rides or games....Food seemed to be doing the best..The rides had a few riders at a time,I never saw a line on anything.Some games were running specials.A water race game for example had 1$ games..We saw the big sideshow for 3$,and the snakegirl for 1$.....Tough week for everyone down there,I talked to a few and they all said it was the worst year for them...Weather sure can kill a spot.....jeff
razduck
Sunday, February 14, 2010 3:46:38 AM
looks like blue skies this morning
Skywheelrider
Sunday, February 14, 2010 6:13:51 AM
Beautiful day today. Man was it cold out there last night! I spent over six hours there Saturday evening, I think I got a photo of every ride and just about every joint and food wagon. LOL When I got there at 4pm, it was jammed. They needed it! It started thinning out around 8-8::30pm and I stayed until almost 10:30pm.

Met quite a few folks yesterday, nice to meet you and your wife Jeff. Jbird, too, and quite a few others over the last few days. I won't make a list, for fear of leaving someone out. LOL

It's been a great week. Now I am heading down to Miami to see Modern Midways, then head back to Michigan.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
JustJeff
Sunday, February 14, 2010 6:28:20 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Skywheelrider

Beautiful day today. Man was it cold out there last night! I spent over six hours there Saturday evening, I think I got a photo of every ride and just about every joint and food wagon. LOL When I got there at 4pm, it was jammed. They needed it! It started thinning out around 8-8::30pm and I stayed until almost 10:30pm.

Met quite a few folks yesterday, nice to meet you and your wife Jeff. Jbird, too, and quite a few others over the last few days. I won't make a list, for fear of leaving someone out. LOL

It's been a great week. Now I am heading down to Miami to see Modern Midways, then head back to Michigan.

Same here Chris---We winded up leaving the Fair before 8 it was too darn chilly for us...It was a fun day though,it just flew by is my only complaint!
TrafficJam
Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:36:54 AM
I just got back from the fair. I got there at 10 am on Sunday and it was pretty quiet but around noon it really started getting busy. It was jammed when I left. Cars were lined up at Orient Road and Martin Luther King Entrances to get in. Games and rides were busy. The new family area was also packed (I think there are about 12 rides there — where the Wade Mulligan Wheel is located). A beautiful day for the fair (finally)!
Skywheelrider
Monday, February 15, 2010 4:39:41 AM
Yeah it's about time they had good weather for the state fair, they sure needed it. Everyone I talked to their said it has been horrible, and probably no one was going to come out of there ahead, they will be lucky to break even after expenses, and that even sounded hopeful at best.