skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:48:01 PM
Back when i was younger, i rode it without even knowing the name of that kiddie ride. Later, i found out it was called Mini Enterprise. It has the helicopter & space jet combo. But why is Enterprise in the last name of it? [?] I'm still scratching my head over that one. Why not actually build a Mini Enterprise for little tikes. [8D] YES!, a miniature of the HUSS Enterprise for little kids to ride, then the name would be more true. Though, the Mini (HUSS) Enterprise cars would not rely on gravity or force to swing out. They would have a mechanism simulating as if it's going really fast, and the size of the Mini Enterprise's cars would be half the size of those on the original Huss Enterprise, so that little kids who aren't afraid to go upside down, could enjoy it.

Yes, it would go upside down, once the Wheel got to spinning to about 10 or 15 mph maximum, then the Mini Enterprise's cars would slowly expand outwards with the help of cables or a chain-like system , and the VERY small boom would begin to lift it until all cars are upside down. The Mini Enterprises's cars would have safety restraints for little kids, no worries of falling out of them. The safety latch doors would be exact to the original Enterprise's sliding doors on the sides. The width of it would be the same as the now, Mini Enterprise that's out with the copter/space plane combo. So, the height of the mini (Huss) Enterprise for tikes would be about 15-20 foot tall. Quite a bit less than the original. lol So as not to scare little kids too much.

I came up with this idea, as i have seen some 5 year olds ride the Sky Diver, Kamikaze, Loop-o-Plane, & other spectaculars like nothing. So, an idea for a small Huss Enterprise for youngsters to ride on would be fantastic! [8D] That'd be awesome to see on a future midway. Who thinks it would take off in sales?, as in, every show would buy one for their kiddie land, the new Mini Huss Enterprise for kids. I think it would work great. The Enterprise tubs' gears or whatever that would automatically "swing" them outwards would need to be greased & checked on often...to maintain they're working properly. Once upside down and in position, when the main boom is all the way raised, the mini Enterprise's cars would have a latch that would snap the cars / spindles into that position, and then, the weight of the cars once coming back down (main boom), would then unsnap.

What i'm getting at, the spindles the Enterprise cars would sit on, they'd have a latch of some sort, to prevent the cars from swinging back the other way / maintaining the upside down position ....think about it in slow-motion. Then, when the boom lowers back down about diagonal, the latches / pins would give-way, due to the weight of the Enterprise cars. This Enterprise for kids would be like a real one, only in Slow Motion...so as not to scare the kids that bad, but to give them an enjoyable upside down kiddie ride, no taller than 20 feet high, if that high. [8D] Would HUSS Rides build it? , i'd like to hear you all's opinions if it would work or not. I can see quite a few shows owning one in thier kiddie land area. [:o)] There's a miniature Eli Scrambler, so why not a miniature HUSS Enterprise? [:p]

~Ben
babyhughie
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:06:12 PM
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:23:38 PM
Parents really love to see their little kids upside down on a kiddy ride....

Soda Guy
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 7:36:01 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by RainbowBen

Back when i was younger, i rode it without even knowing the name of that kiddie ride. Later, i found out it was called Mini Enterprise. It has the helicopter & space jet combo. But why is Enterprise in the last name of it? [?] I'm still scratching my head over that one. Why not actually build a Mini Enterprise for little tikes. [8D] YES!, a miniature of the HUSS Enterprise for little kids to ride, then the name would be more true. Though, the Mini (HUSS) Enterprise cars would not rely on gravity or force to swing out. They would have a mechanism simulating as if it's going really fast, and the size of the Mini Enterprise's cars would be half the size of those on the original Huss Enterprise, so that little kids who aren't afraid to go upside down, could enjoy it.

Yes, it would go upside down, once the Wheel got to spinning to about 10 or 15 mph maximum, then the Mini Enterprise's cars would slowly expand outwards with the help of cables or a chain-like system , and the VERY small boom would begin to lift it until all cars are upside down. The Mini Enterprises's cars would have safety restraints for little kids, no worries of falling out of them. The safety latch doors would be exact to the original Enterprise's sliding doors on the sides. The width of it would be the same as the now, Mini Enterprise that's out with the copter/space plane combo. So, the height of the mini (Huss) Enterprise for tikes would be about 15-20 foot tall. Quite a bit less than the original. lol So as not to scare little kids too much.

I came up with this idea, as i have seen some 5 year olds ride the Sky Diver, Kamikaze, Loop-o-Plane, & other spectaculars like nothing. So, an idea for a small Huss Enterprise for youngsters to ride on would be fantastic! [8D] That'd be awesome to see on a future midway. Who thinks it would take off in sales?, as in, every show would buy one for their kiddie land, the new Mini Huss Enterprise for kids. I think it would work great. The Enterprise tubs' gears or whatever that would automatically "swing" them outwards would need to be greased & checked on often...to maintain they're working properly. Once upside down and in position, when the main boom is all the way raised, the mini Enterprise's cars would have a latch that would snap the cars / spindles into that position, and then, the weight of the cars once coming back down (main boom), would then unsnap.

What i'm getting at, the spindles the Enterprise cars would sit on, they'd have a latch of some sort, to prevent the cars from swinging back the other way / maintaining the upside down position ....think about it in slow-motion. Then, when the boom lowers back down about diagonal, the latches / pins would give-way, due to the weight of the Enterprise cars. This Enterprise for kids would be like a real one, only in Slow Motion...so as not to scare the kids that bad, but to give them an enjoyable upside down kiddie ride, no taller than 20 feet high, if that high. [8D] Would HUSS Rides build it? , i'd like to hear you all's opinions if it would work or not. I can see quite a few shows owning one in thier kiddie land area. [:o)] There's a miniature Eli Scrambler, so why not a miniature HUSS Enterprise? [:p]

~Ben

Does anyone know where I can download the Cliff Notes for his posts?
Benjibear
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:46:00 AM
Parents have problems putting there little kids on the mini-scrambler. I am sure they would have no problem with them going upside down.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:56:28 AM
..........good grief, charlie clown
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 2:11:35 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Soda Guy

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by RainbowBen

~Ben

Does anyone know where I can download the Cliff Notes for his posts?

I got you covered.....

Blah Blah Blah....
~Ben

That should clear it up for you....
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:00:04 AM
upside down kiddie ride. no way. gotta slow up there ben. you making us look bad here in the carolinas.[:D]
Soda Guy
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:02:23 AM
Thanks 2ndgen. Made a lot more sense after reading your post. Hope you have a great weekend.
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:18:26 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Soda Guy

Thanks 2ndgen. Made a lot more sense after reading your post. Hope you have a great weekend.

Here to serve....[:D][:D][:D]
Jackpotter
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:59:17 AM
It's 9am here, I'm completely exhausted for the day now.
GACC
  •  GACC
  • 51.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 4:38:06 AM
Gotta hand to him, no matter how much you kid him he just laughs it off and keeps right on typing.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:07:13 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jackpotter

It's 9am here, I'm completely exhausted for the day now.

he's testing that Kentucky reading comprehension you got in them thar skools over thar.lol[:D][:0]
wildbilltruckin
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 6:50:13 AM
Sounds like Ben has had one too many rides on a zipper,or maybe he rode with a concrete block.
a nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse.
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:06:12 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by wildbilltruckin

Sounds like Ben has had one too many rides on a zipper,or maybe he rode with a concrete block.

You should see him in person and try to have a conversation. [:0]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain