aba
  •  aba
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, June 29, 2008 7:44:25 AM
Just got back from the Western Illinois County Fair. Miller Spec has played the spot at least 10 years. I was surprised to see that Lowery was playing the spot. For some reason Miller was not on the midway. The grandstand pa person thanked Lowery for helping the fair out in a pinch, so I don't know what happened with Miller. Midway only had 8 rides. Used to have have around 15-20 short notice I guess. Lineup: Chainsaw(Zipper), Avalanche, Full Tilt, Musical Chairs, Circus Train,Tornado, Tea cups, Dizzy Dragons. Anybody know what happened. Very small town, but big fair. $7 with no rides, $14 for rides. All grandstand shows free with paid admission.
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Monday, June 30, 2008 2:44:37 AM
miller spec is in michigan.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, June 30, 2008 5:56:15 AM
Yes, Freddie told me that he was going to Michigan two weeks earlier this year and wasn't able to cover this spot.

Bill Lowery is his Uncle
aba
  •  aba
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, June 30, 2008 7:07:55 AM
aba
  •  aba
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, July 1, 2008 2:20:07 PM
Who is playing there 4th of july spots in St louis?
wlowery
Saturday, July 19, 2008 2:44:31 PM
the real story is Freddy cancelled the spot without telling the fair board. Bill McKenny who plays shreveport with Lowery called in a favor from his friend. Lowery was already playing two spots, so all they could cut loose of was eight rides.
Willie Lowery
bowtie
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:19:02 AM
I am assuming what my dear cousin was hoping to correct was why the midway was smaller this year. Yes they already had 2 spots booked, and a circus jump the following week according to them. So they did what they could to help. As for the statement about cancelling, I was not contracted to play the fair this year. I received a call in April to see about a contract, but our schedule was aready full. Because of the Western Ilinois Fairs dates for 2008, the only way we could have played it this year would have been to change the dates to an earlier date. This was done several years ago and it created a hardship on the fair and on the independent food operators. I consider the fairboard at this fair to be a great bunch to work with, and wish them the best in the future. The fair had other obstacles such as rain, and bridges closed that hindered access to the area.
Freddy Miller
Miller Spectacular Shows
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, July 26, 2008 1:16:15 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bowtie

I am assuming what my dear cousin was hoping to correct was why the midway was smaller this year. Yes they already had 2 spots booked, and a circus jump the following week according to them. So they did what they could to help. As for the statement about cancelling, I was not contracted to play the fair this year. I received a call in April to see about a contract, but our schedule was aready full. Because of the Western Ilinois Fairs dates for 2008, the only way we could have played it this year would have been to change the dates to an earlier date. This was done several years ago and it created a hardship on the fair and on the independent food operators. I consider the fairboard at this fair to be a great bunch to work with, and wish them the best in the future. The fair had other obstacles such as rain, and bridges closed that hindered access to the area.

For what it's worth, I can validate this story. Freddy called me earlier this year and ask if I could help him on this as he didn't want to leave the fair high and dry.

He explained all the problems he just stated and how he didn't want to see the fair go without a show.

I did not state all of that in my earlier post as it wasn't my place to reveal that information.
JustinJames
Saturday, July 26, 2008 5:36:15 AM
I love it how the fairs ALWAYS spin it on the carnival. Just shows how much integrity there is out there eh?
slick379
Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:02:57 PM
at least some showes work together
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, July 26, 2008 1:07:52 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by JustinJames

I love it how the fairs ALWAYS spin it on the carnival. Just shows how much integrity there is out there eh?

???
UserPostedImage