squirrel
Friday, February 29, 2008 10:45:15 AM
I am currently trying to resolve another bug found in how the server handles the scripting issues for the Image Resizer for the forums. I am noticing problems where the images cannot be clicked on and enlarged as they can in Internet Explorer, and it also distorts the lengh of a member's post if their images are resized when using FireFox to browse these forums --

If you are using Firefox to view the site and want to see the blown-up images, you might try Internet Explorer for the time being on those topics, as it will allow you to click the image to see the full size version.

Updates will come as the problem is resolved --

rainman571
Friday, February 29, 2008 11:10:08 AM
Firefox had trouble with some of the banner ads for a while too. The Waterloo ad with the moving pics comes to mind. I just chalk it up to inconsistencies with implementation of code. Microsoft has always done its own thing with IE and since it is by far the dominant browser coders take advantage of the "features". RFCs be damned!! :)

Its not consistent though. Hurley puts a lot of pics in his posts in the model section and sometimes it adds length and sometimes not. Not within the same post though. It always seems like different posts behave differently.

Just one of those things.

Raymond
squirrel
Friday, February 29, 2008 11:21:54 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rainman571

Firefox had trouble with some of the banner ads for a while too. The Waterloo ad with the moving pics comes to mind. I just chalk it up to inconsistencies with implementation of code. Microsoft has always done its own thing with IE and since it is by far the dominant browser coders take advantage of the "features". RFCs be damned!! :)

Its not consistent though. Hurley puts a lot of pics in his posts in the model section and sometimes it adds length and sometimes not. Not within the same post though. It always seems like different posts behave differently.

Just one of those things.

Raymond

The Banner issue was actually a coding issue on the settings and values that were written into the banner code. When you use a flash file (what most of the banners are done with) it actually embeds the object twice in the web page -- one for IE, and one for gecko based browsers (like FireFox). When you add the code, you sometimes have to go back and change the values for height and width of the banner itself, instead of letting the 'bounding box' control the banner. I made fixes to the banner code because it drove me nuts here -- and by correcting the stored values in the scripts, it fixed the banners so they displayed as Matt wanted them to. There are still a couple here on the site that need to be fixed, but that's on Matt -- I worry about the forums only [;)]