Drummer1973
Tuesday, January 23, 2024 6:55:39 PM
Is Wade Shows downsizing? Haven't seen many of their signature pieces such as the Hit in 2000, Rainbow, Dragstrip Mega Slide, Fighter, Twister, Enterprise, Comet II, RC-48, or the White Water flume ride in a while. Seems the only major pieces they use nowadays are the Super Cyclone, Mighty Mouse, Reverchon Himalayas (both the Super and the Polar Express one), Alpine Bobs, the Wisdom Typhoon Himalaya, Vertigo, Mega Drop, and the 3 Wheels.

I remember seeing their lineup in 2014 at the FSF in Tampa and the NCSF in Raleigh and was impressed that they were able to haul around these big bad boys!

Side note: Wish they could bring them all to West Palm Beach (I'm a local) but the midway change at the South Florida Fair was a bad move imo cause attendance hasn't reached over 500,000 in 8 years. I remember way back in 2006 when Wade first got the fair you had the Hit in 2000, Wade's Chance Giant Wheel, the Vandervorste Crazy Mouse, Wade and Van Hull each having their Zyklon coasters, the flume ride, Space Roller, Drew's Seattle Wheel, etc. It was so much fun back then! If it was like that again the people would come but now the midway feels too cramped and they can't bring everything they want to (such as the Yo Yo. Used to be a regular ride there and I will say I love the new look, but often times they never have room for it).
ridejocky
Tuesday, January 23, 2024 10:34:47 PM
Probably can't get decent help
Ride the Zipper?
JimW
  •  JimW
  • 51.62% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Wednesday, January 24, 2024 7:51:32 AM
The Enterprise was at The Florida State Fair last year (2023), I rode it on 2/14. A couple of days later I was watching the local news in my hotel room and they showed the Enterprise as it had malfunctioned and got stuck in the upright position with firefighters "rescuing" riders.
I hope it got repaired as it was always one of my favorite rides and there's not many of them left.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 82.08% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, January 24, 2024 8:21:43 PM
Word on the street says Wade's Enterprise has been sold, possibly out of the country. Flume has been gone for a while. fighter hasn't been out for a long time. Comet II & RC48 are for sale. rainbow is also gone. Dragstrip slide might be up in West Palm. It was reporrtedly refurbed.
Tornado
Thursday, January 25, 2024 12:48:33 AM
Hit in 2000 will be at Florida State Fair as per Wades ride list for the fair on their website. Don't believe it plays any where else during the year... The fighter is also for sale (look on Used Rides site) along with the Comet II coaster, RC48 coaster and their 4-abreast Grand Carousel (all listed on Used Rides). The Drag Strip slide was refurbished and is at west palm. Also, the Twister is sitting in their WQ or has been sold. And the Enterprise I believe went to show Mexico...
Tornado
Thursday, January 25, 2024 12:57:57 AM
Believe Wade purchased Fiesta Shows Interpark Galaxy coaster last year so they have 2 now. And they purchased Drew's old KMG Cyclops (Fire Ball) last year as well. Not sure what going on with their Hydroshock (KMG Fire Ball) though. And a couple years back they purchased their current Mega Drop from Powers. Again not sure what became of their original Mega Drop? Another piece not listed any longer if their SDC Pirate...
Drummer1973
Thursday, January 25, 2024 2:15:47 PM
I remember the Doppel Looping Coaster and some other big time rides there when Conklin held the contract.
Tornado
Thursday, January 25, 2024 3:19:49 PM
yes, Doppel Looping coaster, Wild Cat coaster, Mark-I coaster, Niagara Falls Flume, Drop of Fear, G-Force, Crazy Flip, Tidal Wave (Huss Pirate), Enterprise, Fire Ball, Polar Express, Wave Swinger, Giant Dutch Wheel, Euro Slide plus some big independent pieces like Holiday Bounce, Snow Ball Express etc. Conklin provided some unbelievable midway ride lineup... Too bad those days are gone 😞
ridejocky
Thursday, January 25, 2024 8:14:32 PM
Conko's Southern Comfort unit booking with Strates made for a few nice midways.
Ride the Zipper?
Drummer1973
Friday, February 2, 2024 8:34:22 PM
Ran across this recent interview with Frank Z. talking about the Fighter and Comet coaster...

https://amusementtoday.c...yp3uFitoEIvlilIrj2XRQiAA 
ridejocky
Saturday, February 3, 2024 8:27:07 PM
Nice read, thanks!
Ride the Zipper?
Tornado
Saturday, February 10, 2024 2:18:00 PM
yes, thanks very nice read... From it sounds as though the RC-48 Coaster was sold. And sounds as though maybe, just maybe, we'll eventually see both the Fighter and the Comet II Coaster... Though I'd suspect a better chance of the Fighter as its more practical to move. But in reality I'm doubting we'll ever see either on the road again 😞
Thunderbolt2
Saturday, February 17, 2024 10:14:05 AM
So I guess the only Enterprises on the road now are Strates, Deggeller, and Funtastic? Suprised no one has bought that new version that came out a few years ago, forgot who makes it but not Huss, Six Flags over GA has one.
JustinJames
Tuesday, February 27, 2024 11:05:10 PM
Zamperla makes it. They now refuse to produce portable rides for sale in the US due to "high resale"... whatever the hell that means. 😆
FAIR11
Saturday, March 2, 2024 10:36:31 PM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

yes, thanks very nice read... From it sounds as though the RC-48 Coaster was sold. And sounds as though maybe, just maybe, we'll eventually see both the Fighter and the Comet II Coaster... Though I'd suspect a better chance of the Fighter as its more practical to move. But in reality I'm doubting we'll ever see either on the road again :-(

Hello Tornado, will you visit the Reithoffers´ again at some point?
I have a (Rainbow) question.😀