Skywheelrider
Friday, September 23, 2011 11:15:13 AM
There was a discussion about the Drew Expo Enterprise here a couple of years ago, and it was said by a few folks it came from Conklin, hence my earlier post in this topic. If it didn't, okay. Just going by info that was originally posted when they got the ride.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
skywheel88
Friday, September 23, 2011 3:33:10 PM
I saw a pic of the Kroon Wheel set up in Paris, everything was painted back to white and the gondolas were black and white, very UGLY.
Kenny.

massachusettsman
Friday, September 23, 2011 10:39:54 PM
Fabbri_Guy
Saturday, September 24, 2011 11:11:08 AM
So NAME is the continuation of conklin? That's cool. But it seems like RCS is what conklin wanted to be. Conklin was running some euro style rides especially with the drop of fear, and the doople looping coaster, sad it didn't stay in our region tho. The biggest fall the hardest I guess.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:27:28 PM
Originally Posted by: tiltcharles 

Nope it came from Canada but belonged to Don Berman. It was in LaRonde in Montreal then stored. When I saw it a couple years ago they told me it was the last Enterprise to come over to north america. The Conklin ride is in Mexico.

IIRC before it made it to Drew it was owned by Amusement Logistics (Independant from Winnipeg). They had it booked the last year that Conklin did the CNE before the NAME sell out. for a year after that it was booked in with Roberston Amusements and Funland Outdoor Amusements at their larger spots.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:43:38 PM
What became of Conklins Jumbo Jet coaster? Last time i saw it was in the mid 80s at the CNE.
korny_carny
Saturday, September 24, 2011 10:56:25 PM
Originally Posted by: BeauceCarnavalMan 

IIRC before it made it to Drew it was owned by Amusement Logistics (Independant from Winnipeg). They had it booked the last year that Conklin did the CNE before the NAME sell out. for a year after that it was booked in with Roberston Amusements and Funland Outdoor Amusements at their larger spots.

Thanks Pat, i always wondered what happened to that Enterprise.
Drummer1973
Monday, January 1, 2024 10:38:22 PM
That enterprise you all talk about was sold as parts to some show in the US that enterprise you talk of that was booked by the independent was the one from expo in Montreal and had been stored in a warehouse there ps don never had any rides he was just a employee WORD Unknownconko said thatpb8