ridejocky
Friday, January 20, 2023 6:57:25 PM
They were making circus jumps most every week with all those units as well. Those guys worked.

The ten years I was with Strates ('78-'88) it was all ten-day or longer spots.
Ride the Zipper?
swooper
Thursday, February 23, 2023 12:58:54 PM
I just read knoebles is restoring a Swiss bob
It said they have two old ones to work with
One was amusements of americas
ridejocky
Friday, February 24, 2023 6:47:36 AM
Big A used to move the heck out of that Swiss Bob....

I always wanted to redo/update one. The noise the train makes going around the track combined with that fog-horn it was a magnet. Too bad the capacity is not better, but with a new drive might be able to drop 'em a little quicker.
Ride the Zipper?
swooper
Friday, March 3, 2023 4:32:43 PM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Big A used to move the heck out of that Swiss Bob....

I always wanted to redo/update one. The noise the train makes going around the track combined with that fog-horn it was a magnet. Too bad the capacity is not better, but with a new drive might be able to drop 'em a little quicker.

Yes they did,It moved every week
They were some great crews!
Especially in the 70’s and 80’s

ridejocky
Friday, March 3, 2023 8:57:37 PM
Originally Posted by: swooper 

Yes they did,It moved every week
They were some great crews!
Especially in the 70’s and 80’s

Stuff looked a little rough sometimes, but yeah they had multiple units jumping every week.

Hardest working show I ever saw. I had a good friend (Jack "Bones" Bitzer) that moved Big A's Swiss Bobs back in the '89s. He came over and worked with me on Strates' Flying Bobs for a while and said it was like being on vacation.

Ride the Zipper?
Thunderbolt2
Saturday, July 8, 2023 11:03:21 AM

Stuff looked a little rough sometimes, but yeah they had multiple units jumping every week.

Hardest working show I ever saw. I had a good friend (Jack "Bones" Bitzer) that moved Big A's Swiss Bobs back in the '89s. He came over and worked with me on Strates' Flying Bobs for a while and said it was like being on vacation.

They did work hard and moved some big iron back then, I do miss those days. They had a pretty good looking Hot Pot (tip top), Rok N Roll, Spider, and some unique majors
ridejocky
Sunday, July 9, 2023 8:26:58 PM
Originally Posted by: Thunderbolt2 

They did work hard and moved some big iron back then, I do miss those days. They had a pretty good looking Hot Pot (tip top), Rok N Roll, Spider, and some unique majors

That "diskotek" was badass
Ride the Zipper?
Thunderbolt2
Monday, July 10, 2023 9:04:45 AM

That "diskotek" was badass

Yeah loved that and the Swiss Bobs, rode that at the Carolina Coastal fair, the Wave Swinger they bought from Nova I worked on a few times with Nova, not sure if AofA is still moving it.
ridejocky
Monday, July 10, 2023 8:40:00 PM
Originally Posted by: Thunderbolt2 

Yeah loved that and the Swiss Bobs, rode that at the Carolina Coastal fair, the Wave Swinger they bought from Nova I worked on a few times with Nova, not sure if AofA is still moving it.

Did Nova not have a Swiss Bobs? I think they booked it on Strates for a while in the '80s. If that's the one, a guy named Emil was moving it.

Loved the noise it made when set up tight.
Ride the Zipper?