wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, April 29, 2022 3:21:10 PM
why is it we rarely see or hear discussions about Drew Expo here. I have never seen them in person, but pictures that I have seen show one of the cleanest and nicest carnivals in the business. They have large spectacular rides some of which are unique to them. The refurbishment jobs they did on the Seattle Wheel and Space Wheels were top notch and those rides are most likely better now then they were when new. This carnival seems to go about its business out of the limelight, or at least on this board. It would seem that Drew Expo is as good as any show and can handle up when needed with equipment for most any event.

what do you guys know about them?
Thunderbolt2
Friday, April 29, 2022 7:58:03 PM
There are a few discussions on here on them, did you try the search option?

But yes, you are correct Drew Exposition is an outstanding show, the rides are in excellent condition, the customer service is great, and the midway is always clean. Although was disappointed to see some changes over the years like not having rolling stock painted up anymore, and a few rides they once had no longer with the show, but of course any show sells and buys and not very many "flash" their rolling stock anymore.

But even those things could not change the fact that this show is outstanding. I do like very much that he does buy classic rides and fixes them up to your point "better than new" condition. They will be coming here next month and of course in Arden NC in September. Not sure if you know or not, but the ride line up has a Himalaya (reverchon), Matterhorn, Huss Pirate, outstanding new bumper cars, orbiter, surfer, XFactory, Sizzler, Super Loops, FireBall, and few others. Terrific kiddie land as well with classics and newer pieces.

Drew likes to "theme" a lot of his rides instead of just using the standard name. The Sizzler is the "Mixer", and the Loops, FireBall, and others have unique themes (sorry just can't remember them all). A few of the rides I miss are the Rock O Plane, Spider, Enterprise, and a Eli Scrambler, but again everything is always changing. He does own a WildCat coaster (formerly belonged to Conklin) but only uses it at one spot a year.

A great show indeed, if I went back on the road, would want to travel with them.
Thunderbolt2
Monday, May 9, 2022 6:51:47 PM
Drew will be here next week, will update you all on any new rides, I think there is at least one right now, but another one on the way.
wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, July 29, 2022 10:28:26 AM
any photos, updates or new ride news?
Thunderbolt2
Saturday, July 8, 2023 12:48:22 PM
Drew is a great show, I haven't been able to see midway in about year or so, but planning on heading to the MTN state fair this year and usually he has everything there except for Wild Cat and not sure if he is still bringing the Space Wheels or just Seattle Wheel, last time I was there he had both.

He has bought some new equipment from KMG and that Turbo ride. I have seen an update on his FB page a new ride coming in 2024 but haven't figured out what it is yet and they have not said to my knowledge.

Glad to see he still has Matterhorn, I hope he is still moving the Himi and Pirate during fair season
ridejocky
Sunday, July 9, 2023 8:25:06 PM
I saw Drew and the SpaceWheels a few years ago, nice show and nice work on the wheels.
Ride the Zipper?
squirrel
Tuesday, August 1, 2023 1:05:09 AM
I saw them this week with a small unit in the air -- they'll be at a bigger spot next week that I plan on being at for more pictures and some video.

I posted three video clips on YouTube from their new KMG piece. This thing is SHARP. It's less than a year old - and the sound system it's got on it is unreal.

There's two other videos - mostly of the lightshow while loading --

indianacarnie
Monday, August 14, 2023 6:33:30 AM
Thanks for those clips! Nice looking ride.
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche