wexixad753
Tuesday, March 29, 2022 12:21:44 PM
Hello,
I was traveling through Missouri in the middle of April of 2005 and happened to come across a carnival set up. I'm trying to figure out where this was at. I have an old note attached to the photos that says Rolla, MO, but I e-mailed the City of Rolla and they said they didn't think it was there. So perhaps it wasn't right in Rolla but in the vicinity of it (or maybe not at all, I don't know). I would also like to know the carnival operator if possible, but most importantly I want the location. Attaching photos.
2005-04-15--21-47-05 Resande tivoli i eller i närheten av Rolla, MO.jpg

Click to View Image55 View(s)

2005-04-15--21-45-24 Resande tivoli i eller i närheten av Rolla, MO.jpg

Click to View Image55 View(s)

2005-04-15--21-49-27 Resande tivoli i eller i närheten av Rolla, MO.jpg

Click to View Image54 View(s)

2005-04-15--21-45-24 Resande tivoli i eller i närheten av Rolla, MO.jpg

Click to View Image52 View(s)

2005-04-15--21-42-19 Resande tivoli i eller i närheten av Rolla, MO.jpg

Click to View Image54 View(s)

ridejocky
Wednesday, March 30, 2022 4:44:07 AM
That the city responds to an email claiming a carnival was or was not there 17 years ago means nothing.

You may have better luck calling.

Was it at a shopping center or a fairground or what?

Apparently the Phelps County Fair is held in Rolla (August 4-6 this year) so you might contact them.

You might also contact the fairground directly and see if they have other events besides the fair.

What did you lose?
Ride the Zipper?
JustinJames
Wednesday, March 30, 2022 6:04:48 PM
Looks like Evans United Shows to me.
wexixad753
Thursday, March 31, 2022 2:25:31 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

That the city responds to an email claiming a carnival was or was not there 17 years ago means nothing.

You may have better luck calling.

Was it at a shopping center or a fairground or what?

Apparently the Phelps County Fair is held in Rolla (August 4-6 this year) so you might contact them.

You might also contact the fairground directly and see if they have other events besides the fair.

What did you lose?

Well they looked at the same photos I uploaded here and they told me there is no way that was in Rolla, Missouri, basically because the only two places that they would have carnivals or fairs would be either at the Lions Club Park or the Fairgrounds, and neither one of those places would have carnivals set up that close to the road (there is a 5th photo which I didn't upload here because it is very blurry and looks terrible, but a street is visible right next to the carnival rides in that photo).
I don't remember if it was next to a shopping center but what I do remember is that it was definitely not in a fenced in area or inside a park or anything like that.
I already looked into the Phelps County Fair prior to posting the thread on this forum, and it is like you say in August so it's not that. I haven't tried contacting the fairground directly but I will do that next.
What do you mean what did I lose?
wexixad753
Thursday, March 31, 2022 2:26:52 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

Looks like Evans United Shows to me.

Oh? Thanks. I will try to find a way to contact them then.
ridejocky
Thursday, March 31, 2022 10:46:45 PM
Originally Posted by: wexixad753 

What do you mean what did I lose?

I assume you lost something at the show....

Ride the Zipper?
wexixad753
Friday, April 1, 2022 2:21:59 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

I assume you lost something at the show....

Oh. Well I didn't. I am just going through old photos and tagging them with dates and locations of where they were taken. It's just a hobby of mine.