michael schultz
Friday, February 4, 2022 10:27:39 AM
im looking for information on the old mcdermott amusement company such as rides they had events they played photos etc im wondering if hoffman estates
barrington square mall was one of them around memorial day that was the first carnival i attended when i was a kid i remeber a round up and a ferris wheel
let me know im interested thank you
squirrel
Monday, April 4, 2022 10:18:08 PM
Originally Posted by: michael schultz 

im looking for information on the old mcdermott amusement company such as rides they had events they played photos etc im wondering if hoffman estates
barrington square mall was one of them around memorial day that was the first carnival i attended when i was a kid i remeber a round up and a ferris wheel
let me know im interested thank you

If you can find him, Greg Maturo (Great American Shows) would know some things about them -- his old man (Lawrence) was in the Chicago area in that era (Greater American Carnival).

I'm retired, no longer associated or in communication with the show, and have no further information -- but thought the above might help you.

Drummer1973
Monday, May 15, 2023 1:11:50 PM
McDermott was out of Evergreen Park. They did the huge St Stans carnival in Cragin. They had the staples, merry go round, tilt a whirl, ferris wheel, sky diver, rock o plane, octopus, zipper, bumper cars, trabant, round up ride. They also had a predecessor of the Himalaya that had a rocket theme. They also supplied the white enclosed trailers that were used to display stuff that could be won by buying tickets.