John240
  •  John240
  • 54.9% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, May 5, 2021 11:17:39 PM
Hello MCW;

I haven't posted in a while as there haven't been any fairs or carnivals running near me due to COVID.

I was poking around on YouTube and found a couple of videos of the Poteet (Texas) Strawberry Festival, which was held last month.

I understand this is normally a Wade Shows spot, but it doesn't look like Wade had it this year.
I spotted Butler Amusements' Zillerator coaster, as well as rides from Bishop Amusements (OMG, Tango, Sky Flyer, Mini Bumper Cars, etc.) and Caprice Enterprises (Wind Surf, Speedway).
The big surprise was an SDC Moonraker; this was definitely NOT the Belle City piece, as the saucer and signage were different.
Does anybody know who owns this?

I also spotted a couple of older Childress kiddie rides, one with swings and the other with flying saucers; I know these belonged at one time to Alamo Attractions, but I was't sure if that show was still around.

Thanks in advance for any information...

John
itsapartytx
Thursday, May 6, 2021 11:17:53 AM
Found a video where you can catch a short view of it in the air. What a great midway for that festival. Makes me wonder if there will be more independent operators booking into state fairs this year due to cancellations of other fairs and festivals.

John240
  •  John240
  • 54.9% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, May 7, 2021 10:52:32 AM
Here's a video of a local TV news station's traffic report with a couple of aerial views from a helicopter of the whole midway.

The Moonraker can be seen in the upper right corner.

John240
  •  John240
  • 54.9% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Friday, May 7, 2021 11:53:59 AM
Just found another video from a company called "Fun LED."

This IS the same Moonraker that was at the Poteet Strawberry Festival (the eyes in the dog house artwork).

According to the comments, this is Bruce Perelmen's new ride to replace the Air Maxx; so if our fairs in California EVER get back to normal, I might have a chance to see this thing myself!

rodler1
Friday, May 7, 2021 12:45:06 PM
Who ever it belongs to please hook up with Wade Shows this summer at their midwest fairs.
John240
  •  John240
  • 54.9% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, May 17, 2021 9:43:18 AM
Here's another video, this one from the Corpus Christi, Texas "Buc Days," and includes some good shots of the Moonraker from the air and from the ground.

ridejocky
Tuesday, May 18, 2021 12:01:29 AM
Whose German Fun House is that?

What about the Zyklon?

They look familiar...
Ride the Zipper?
JustinJames
Friday, May 21, 2021 11:32:09 PM
Bruce Pearlman owns this ride. He was quite enthusiastic about debuting it when we spoke at NAARSO. I am happy to see he was able to open with it. Beautiful ride. Bruce is quite skilled in electronics and such. He knows his stuff.
Tornado
Wednesday, May 26, 2021 3:22:24 PM
That is Butler Zillarator Zyklon Coaster. Also noticed Butler they had their Chance Century wheel there too.
Bishop had their OMG, Tango and some kiddies there.
Hope they add a backdrop to the Moon Raker. Looks like the frame for one is already there.