Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, May 9, 2018 2:18:56 PM
I have asked this question on here before, but got no responses. Does anyone remember Old Dominion Amusements that were based in Dosewell, Virginia back in the 70's. The owner was Frank McCloud and Frank Warren. Thank you.
Flossy30
Wednesday, November 25, 2020 8:52:35 PM
I am Frank McLeods daughter. He passed away 2 years ago. He loved the carnival days !! We operated a food truck together for 30 years here in NC. [/b]
johnroach100
Wednesday, November 25, 2020 9:00:31 PM
My uncle was over there with joints and kiddie rides. He had a train, car ride, and swings.
Flossy30
Wednesday, November 25, 2020 10:15:49 PM
I remember the last name Roach for sure, seems like Nicky Roach came up in conversations. Dad loved talking and reminiscing about carnival days!
johnroach100
Wednesday, November 25, 2020 11:08:26 PM
That was him. I think his mother and brother were there too, I think.
bigjlh
Thursday, November 26, 2020 6:23:29 PM
Hey carnivalbuff.is Winchester amusements still around or did they fold remember a lot of old shows that played va.dave endy.mcspadden with that show piece of a show.lol
bigjlh
Thursday, November 26, 2020 6:26:54 PM
Hey carnivalbuff.Winchester amusements still around or did they fold remember a lot of old shows that played va.dave endy.mcspadden was a real show piece bright red everything tan canvas joints.seems like a lot of small shows passed thru state
Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
Monday, November 30, 2020 2:27:16 PM
Bigjlh, No Winchester Amusements has been out of business for probably 25 or more years now. I believe Jeff Dean - Virginia Premier Events bought them out along with most of their route, of course he is out of business now too.

You are correct though, there were at one time many small shows that passed through or even from Virginia. Not so much the case now.
Carnivalbuff
  •  Carnivalbuff
  • 70.36% (Friendly)
Monday, November 30, 2020 2:37:27 PM
Flossy 30: I sent you a PM, but got a message that says your PM inbox is full and you will not receive it until you empty it out.
Drummer1973
Monday, January 2, 2023 3:10:42 PM
I worked for them the summer of 1971. Howard Macloud was a student on my hall at Methodist College. Howard had the candy apple and slushee trailer. I worked Pitch Till You Win ring toss stand. Too much fun to list here.