thunderbolt85
Tuesday, September 8, 2020 10:38:16 AM
I tell you, this cancelling all these events is just not right, so many show folks losing money and its hurting the business and the people who love to go the fairs in the fall.

I think we should do a protest, maybe have every show send at least a couple of trucks with rides, maybe as many concessioners as possible and any others and block traffic in Washington or somewhere where it will make an impact, I would go and pull my trailer with concessions stands in it. I am talking about a peaceful protest, but one that would be impacting.

Just my thoughts you guys, you really don't what you have till you don't have it anymore. I rode by the NC Mtn State Fairgrounds yesterday and thought about in normal times I would be there next weekend, Drew would be rolling in today and setting up. No, just weeds and a big empty lot.
indianacarnie
Wednesday, September 9, 2020 3:25:17 PM
Would rather lose money than my life.
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
JustinJames
Thursday, September 10, 2020 11:49:06 AM
Originally Posted by: indianacarnie 

Would rather lose money than my life.

You have better odds of dying in a car crash.
johnroach100
Thursday, September 10, 2020 2:18:11 PM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

You have better odds of dying in a car crash.

According to Wikipedia in 2018 there were 36;560 car crash deaths, or about one hundred a day. We’re averaging about 1000 COVID deaths a day.
JustinJames
Thursday, September 10, 2020 3:24:15 PM
Originally Posted by: johnroach100 

According to Wikipedia in 2018 there were 36;560 car crash deaths, or about one a day. We’re averaging about 1000 COVID deaths a day.

Do better research...
johnroach100
JustinJames
Thursday, September 10, 2020 7:02:30 PM
CDC states the majority of deaths were due to other health conditions.

Obviously, you are too educated to discuss this with.

Good thing some of us are operating, considering members of your family have been driving loads for us this season.
johnroach100
Thursday, September 10, 2020 7:03:29 PM
ridejocky
Thursday, September 10, 2020 9:28:08 PM
An 85 year old man that's been smoking three packs a day for 60 years is diagnosed with stage four lung cancer and is given chemotherapy for five months and then dies.

Tests positive for covid and is added to to covid deaths.

Virtually 100% of auto accident related deaths would be eliminated if we reduced the speed limit to 5mph. Why do we not do that?
Ride the Zipper?
Cygnus12
Thursday, September 10, 2020 11:55:45 PM
The data is all right there on the CDC's website (link ). The two highest co-morbidities reported are pneumonia and respiratory failure, which are both caused by a COVID infection. Hypertension and diabetes are also up there, which a lot of Americans have. The narrative that it's only old, decrepit people that die is a myth.
ridejocky
Friday, September 11, 2020 1:49:02 AM
Originally Posted by: Cygnus12 

The data is all right there on the CDC's website (link ). The two highest co-morbidities reported are pneumonia and respiratory failure, which are both caused by a COVID infection. Hypertension and diabetes are also up there, which a lot of Americans have. The narrative that it's only old, decrepit people that die is a myth.

I haven't heard anyone say it was only the old and decrepit dying.

What percentage of people that test positive for covid die of it?

What is the average age of a person that dies from covid?

What is the mean age of a person that dies of covid?

I don't imagine you'll want to answer these questions as they will not fit YOUR narrative.

Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Friday, September 11, 2020 10:11:22 AM
Here in South Carolina the department of health recently stated that many "negative" tests were "lost" or not counted, thereby increasing the percentage showing of folks that had covid 19, in other words the data was wrong because they have not included all the information. In addition, many folks that have died have had covid 19 put on their death certificate and covid 19 had nothing to do with their death.

We are not getting the correct picture, yes there is a sickness out there, yes it is dangerous to older folks and those with pre-existing conditions, but it is not as bad as the government is making out. We are being controlled and shut down because some leaders are under the thinking "never let a good crisis go to waste", so they are using this along with BLM and much more to try and radically change our nation, our way of living, and our future...…...and we are letting them do it.

All of the carnival/show business folks are hurting badly right now because of this, so are the manufactures, fairs, and so many more and this is just the from the carnival/fair business. That's not counting the amusement parks, hotels, restaurants in vacation towns, airlines, and so much more.
JustinJames
Friday, September 11, 2020 10:52:09 AM
Be afraid
Stay home
Your government loves you.
ridejocky
Friday, September 11, 2020 10:24:07 PM
It's interesting how every leftie seems to know dozens of people that have died.

I don't know anyone, and none of my close friends or family knows anyone.

Ride the Zipper?
IndianaTED
Saturday, September 12, 2020 9:27:52 AM
So guess I'm confused...who's running the government while all this is going on???
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.