ridejocky
Thursday, May 16, 2019 8:11:56 PM
The 'diver was fun to run and a nice ride to move.

Good shakes and gash-shots, the only real bummer was no shade...

Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Friday, May 17, 2019 7:11:33 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

The 'diver was fun to run and a nice ride to move.

Good shakes and gash-shots, the only real bummer was no shade...

Would have loved to have worked a diver, but the biggest we had was the Sky Wheel. I think my favorite color/theme would have been either Green/yellow or Green/white with old tube lights.

But I did like Reithoffers colors, it had a white/orange (multi metal flake on tubs) colors and looked nice.
ridejocky
Friday, May 17, 2019 8:31:40 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Would have loved to have worked a diver, but the biggest we had was the Sky Wheel. I think my favorite color/theme would have been either Green/yellow or Green/white with old tube lights.

But I did like Reithoffers colors, it had a white/orange (multi metal flake on tubs) colors and looked nice.

I liked Atlas' red, white and blue color scheme: Bright red base, royal blue sweeps, white A-frames, bare aluminum V-lights

Tubs were metallic red, blue and silver in two patters with silver stars on the bottom.

All white 8' tubes and 11w clears

Ride the Zipper?
mgr man
Friday, May 17, 2019 8:31:54 PM
I saw Kissel at their last date in Columbus,Ga. A sky Diver was up and running with the lights not working that good. but they did have supports on it, just like their astro wheels.
thunderbolt85
Monday, August 5, 2019 3:53:57 PM
Originally Posted by: YaRaEs 

Megerle

DING DING DING..........And we have a winner folks!
Tornado
Monday, August 5, 2019 5:31:29 PM
Yup Megerle's...

So here is a question?
When was the last Chance Sky Wheel build (what year)? and where is it?

From the picture of the ride details plate (see link) Meregle's is a Chance 1979 model:

Megegle's SkyWheel Plate 
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, August 6, 2019 6:57:06 AM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

Yup Megerle's...

So here is a question?
When was the last Chance Sky Wheel build (what year)? and where is it?

From the picture of the ride details plate (see link) Meregle's is a Chance 1979 model:

Megegle's SkyWheel Plate 

That's a great question, we know the last Diver was 1988. I went to the trade show in 1994 and being young asked the Chance guy about how much a Sky Wheel cost, and at that time he said they didn't make them anymore. So, my guess was maybe the last one was built in the late 70s or early 80s, but that's just a guess.

The Deggeller brothers started their show in early 80s, I have often wondered if the Sky Wheel they had for a while was a chance model or AH model.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, August 10, 2019 4:47:58 PM
I heard yesterday the Sky Wheel in Hamburg failed inspection.

Anyone know anything?
ridejocky
Saturday, August 10, 2019 9:02:10 PM
rut row....
Ride the Zipper?
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, August 10, 2019 10:24:45 PM
Sky Wheel in Hamburg was running by Friday evening. Running Saturday afternoon and allowing single riders.
thunderbolt85
Monday, August 12, 2019 6:55:12 AM
Saw a video of a news person on it the day the show opened.
RFlyer01
Monday, August 12, 2019 1:39:28 PM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

Sky Wheel in Hamburg was running by Friday evening. Running Saturday afternoon and allowing single riders.

Is there any signage up regarding "no single riders"? I really would love to go and give it a try as I have never ridden a Sky Wheel before, but don't want to make the 3 hour drive only to be turned away.

On the subject of "No Single Riders", I did get to ride Kissel Entertainment's Astro Wheel at the Ohio State Fair. There was no signage regarding the rule and the ride op didn't seem to care. [happy]

Tornado
Monday, August 12, 2019 5:35:20 PM
WOW beautiful looking Sky Wheel....
Seems to have ALL Lights everywhere it should: Wheels, bull wheels, truss rods, internal on frame sections and even Signs...
Only light missing are the Stars in the wheels, but still very well lite!!!
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:19:57 AM
Single riders were riding on Monday.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:56:35 AM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

WOW beautiful looking Sky Wheel....
Seems to have ALL Lights everywhere it should: Wheels, bull wheels, truss rods, internal on frame sections and even Signs...
Only light missing are the Stars in the wheels, but still very well lite!!!

Yeah he did a good job with it, I wonder if he is going to put the stars in and just didn't have time to finish it before they had to head up there. FB page was saying they had just finished a refrub.