rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, June 6, 2019 3:00:17 PM

Is this the only Ice Jet ride traveling the U.S.?

RodB
thunderbolt85
Friday, June 7, 2019 7:10:41 AM
Drew Expo just bought one last year, it has a few differences with the theming (themed "Matterhorn", no bear in middle), but still looks just as sharp as this one.

Someone in the Midwest I believe has a Chance Alpine Bobs rethemed as an IceJet, looks pretty good as well.

That's all of the ones I know of right now. Hopefully we will see more over the next few years.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, June 7, 2019 8:48:12 AM

I think it is the same as Powers and Thomas swing buggy. just different themeing
JustinJames
Friday, June 7, 2019 9:19:51 AM
Originally Posted by: britt 

I think it is the same as Powers and Thomas swing buggy. just different themeing

This is a fuller size version. The one simular to P&T is Drew's Matterhorn.

Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, June 7, 2019 9:55:37 AM
I think the Ice Jet that RCS had has been shipped back to England
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, June 7, 2019 9:57:20 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Drew Expo just bought one last year, it has a few differences with the theming (themed "Matterhorn", no bear in middle), but still looks just as sharp as this one.

Someone in the Midwest I believe has a Chance Alpine Bobs rethemed as an IceJet, looks pretty good as well.

That's all of the ones I know of right now. Hopefully we will see more over the next few years.

Ok! I thought I had seen photos of a different Ice Jet ride. It had to be the rethemed bobs. That one at Houston looks like something you would see at a European fair.
RodB
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, June 7, 2019 10:22:59 AM
Originally Posted by: rodler 

Ok! I thought I had seen photos of a different Ice Jet ride. It had to be the rethemed bobs. That one at Houston looks like something you would see at a European fair.

Bobby Myers has a Thunder Bolt themed Ice Jet

thunderbolt85
Friday, June 7, 2019 12:10:28 PM
Originally Posted by: Scott 

I think the Ice Jet that RCS had has been shipped back to England

Do you know why?
mgr man
Friday, June 7, 2019 7:31:17 PM
bigjlh
Friday, June 7, 2019 10:39:46 PM
there are two of those ice jets one and two.full size iirc.they are from the netherlands.there is a lot of videos on youtube by clifford smit.detailing both pieces set up,teardown,also transports.very good videos of a lot of big iron in europe.ok then thnx bigjlh
thunderbolt85
Saturday, June 8, 2019 4:58:13 PM
Originally Posted by: mgr man 

Deggeller has an ice jet

Are u sure about that mgr man? I know he has a Majestic Music Express and a Hang Ten.
JustinJames
Sunday, June 9, 2019 12:42:35 AM
Originally Posted by: mgr man 

Deggeller has an ice jet

The one in your pics was booked in by Bobby Myers. It is a chance Alpine Bob's themed as Ice Jet.

The one in the video above is a Bertazzon Bobs.

Tornado
Sunday, June 9, 2019 8:51:01 PM
Power & Thomas's and Drew's is 16 tubs.
The one RCS had, if it was shipped beck was 20 tubes. Same size as the Rock and Roll Amusements of America has.
JW
  •  JW
  • 56.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, June 10, 2019 8:41:47 PM
That is a beautiful ride.

There is an Ice Jet at Canobie Lake Park also...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbriQYNDoFE 
"Don't forget to be half fair and give a little credit to the small concessionaire"
BeauceCarnavalMan
Monday, June 24, 2019 10:37:04 PM
Originally Posted by: britt 

same maker but that is smaller
BeauceCarnavalMan