thunderbolt85
Wednesday, May 8, 2019 6:58:38 AM
Great to see Strates is going to have a Sky wheel there again. Anyone know who's he is booking in? I am figuring maybe Big Rock.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, May 8, 2019 8:53:55 AM

doubt it will be Big Rock's. that overlaps one of their biggest spots, Armada, where everything goes up.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, May 8, 2019 9:50:11 AM
Originally Posted by: britt 

doubt it will be Big Rock's. that overlaps one of their biggest spots, Armada, where everything goes up.

Ok thanks for the update, well I think that Strates sold his but would be something if he still had it and restored it for that spot, but not sure that would be $$ worth it.

Guess we will find out in the fall.
wvscott
Wednesday, May 8, 2019 9:58:34 AM
Strates still has spots other than Erie that would justify a Skywheel restoration, but most on here say they sold it. However, could they have bought another and restored it, doubtful but wishful thinking.

So let's figure this out. The article says there are only 5 left on the road (probably not counting the double wheels at Drew). So who do those 5 belong to:

Bell City
Big Rock
?
?
?

somebody on here knows the answer
JustinJames
Wednesday, May 8, 2019 10:57:56 AM
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, May 8, 2019 11:13:21 AM
Could be BCA, if I was ever going to see this fair might be the best time, make a vacation of it up that way
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, May 8, 2019 11:14:54 AM
Yeah if u look at WQ with Google map it's gone as well as diver and it used to set out there in the bone yard in images before
Tornado
Wednesday, May 8, 2019 6:31:54 PM
Since someone already mentioned Belle City my guess will be Miller Spectacular shows Sky Wheel that is being completely rebuilt...
thunderbolt85
Thursday, May 9, 2019 6:23:08 AM
YaRaEs
Friday, May 10, 2019 11:54:06 PM
Megerle
"A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government"
-Edward Abbey-
thunderbolt85
Sunday, May 12, 2019 3:42:48 PM
And there is Modern Midway's, didn't they buy Poor Jacks. That makes the 5.
Erik9976
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:06:26 AM
Strates Diver is now with Kissel Ent
Tornado
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 5:22:41 PM
Originally Posted by: Erik9976 

Strates Diver is now with Kissel Ent

for parts or did they rebuild it?
Thanks
thunderbolt85
Thursday, May 16, 2019 6:48:47 AM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

for parts or did they rebuild it?
Thanks

I can't confirm this, but I would think they are using that one and their old one for parts. Reason I say that is because Strates model was the last one built (1988) and didn't it have the new improved wind braces on each side, although I still saw it with one of the Case tractors cabled to it.
Tornado
Thursday, May 16, 2019 2:12:12 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I can't confirm this, but I would think they are using that one and their old one for parts. Reason I say that is because Strates model was the last one built (1988) and didn't it have the new improved wind braces on each side, although I still saw it with one of the Case tractors cabled to it.

Makes sense and I had forgot Strates had the last Sky Diver Chance built...
Also, thought Strates had their Sky Diver apart and could NOT properly put it back together (proper ordering of sweeps or something)?