thunderbolt85
Monday, September 17, 2018 2:47:36 PM
So I was reading the story on the Iowa state fair and the midway kind of surprised me with only 39 rides.

Now, I did see some big rides (quality) with the Crazy Mouse, European Giant Wheel, and the Magnum but do they have long lines for those rides? Isn't that spot about a million people, is it not a big ride spot, and how many did BCA bring in when they had the contract?

Also, has there been any concerns about no Sky Wheel...or has that just faded into history for that state fair?

Again, saw some nice big quality rides and not trying to start anything here, just figured with that many people they would have about 50 or more rides in there to keep the lines in check.
wvscott
Tuesday, September 18, 2018 9:07:00 AM
you would think it is a big enough spot for more rides, but if they are controlling it, then I suppose it is the fair that decides what comes in.

also, who owns that 33 meter wheel, it looks brand new in the pictures?
JustinJames
Tuesday, September 18, 2018 9:44:52 AM
It's always been a smaller midway. Talley owns that 33 Wheel if I am not mistaken.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, September 18, 2018 2:11:34 PM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

It's always been a smaller midway. Talley owns that 33 Wheel if I am not mistaken.

Gotcha, thanks for the information.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, September 18, 2018 6:05:41 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

So I was reading the story on the Iowa state fair and the midway kind of surprised me with only 39 rides.

Now, I did see some big rides (quality) with the Crazy Mouse, European Giant Wheel, and the Magnum but do they have long lines for those rides? Isn't that spot about a million people, is it not a big ride spot, and how many did BCA bring in when they had the contract?

Also, has there been any concerns about no Sky Wheel...or has that just faded into history for that state fair?

Again, saw some nice big quality rides and not trying to start anything here, just figured with that many people they would have about 50 or more rides in there to keep the lines in check.

I ran into a buddy of mine from Iowa that said he preferred coming to our fair because it was too crowded up there so maybe it is to ensure those who supply the rides make more money and will want to return the following year.
RodB