thunderbolt85
Wednesday, April 18, 2018 6:43:55 AM
Seeing another thread on here about someone looking for work made me think about the old days and all the AB ads that called for help years ago.

I can remember one that stated if you came to WQ there would be hot buttermilk biscuits and feather pillows to use.

One I saw for show that needed a Sky Wheel foreman and crew......bring your own tools.

Of course a lot of them had no drunks, no drugs and no dogs.

Some promised much more than they would actually pay, but once they had there, well they had you for a while most likely.

Many stated no collect calls, and no bus tickets, but then again some offered bus tickets at the time.

Then of course back then some shows didn't have bunkhouses, you slept in a ride trailer, under the ride, or if your were lucky enough to have one a tent.

Showers.....hose pipe sitting in the sun, the Tempest made a nice private shower with something to stand on. Hated those port a potties, when I had a little money saved up would always go get a hotel room for a night or two with AC, TV, and a good shower.

Any good stories you all have?
ridejocky
Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:49:55 AM
We had great shower with a nice floor and places to hang your stuff,

There was also one spot on the platforms where you could stand and get clear line of site...
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:32:34 AM
You know, I remember one of the last years that the Bobs was in Anderson looking over the bottom inside scenery and seeing a tent under there.

Figured it would be a good place for one out of the wind, rain and such except for any water that flowed on the ground under the ride.
swooper
Wednesday, April 18, 2018 12:12:32 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Seeing another thread on here about someone looking for work made me think about the old days and all the AB ads that called for help years ago.

I can remember one that stated if you came to WQ there would be hot buttermilk biscuits and feather pillows to use.

One I saw for show that needed a Sky Wheel foreman and crew......bring your own tools.

Of course a lot of them had no drunks, no drugs and no dogs.

Some promised much more than they would actually pay, but once they had there, well they had you for a while most likely.

Many stated no collect calls, and no bus tickets, but then again some offered bus tickets at the time.

Then of course back then some shows didn't have bunkhouses, you slept in a ride trailer, under the ride, or if your were lucky enough to have one a tent.

Showers.....hose pipe sitting in the sun, the Tempest made a nice private shower with something to stand on. Hated those port a potties, when I had a little money saved up would always go get a hotel room for a night or two with AC, TV, and a good shower.

Any good stories you all have?

I cant remember the show
but years ago in the AB i saw this very honest request for help,
it went like this:

HELP WANTED
LONG HOURS
HARD WORK
LOW PAY