thunderbolt85
Monday, July 10, 2017 6:30:07 AM
I see there is a Disco for sale on usedrides.com, I just wonder if that ride made any money, I know the person selling it has had it for a while, but don't see a lot of them out there anywhere else or with other shows.

I know Powers had one sorta like it for a while, but it didn't last very long. Dollywood has one as well with different theming.

And kind of off subject has anyone been around that Frenzy made by Bates, I would have thought that would have done good or sold with being one load and looks to be pretty easy to set up/tear down, but maybe the price is too high.

Just wanted to see what thoughts you all had out there.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, July 10, 2017 9:30:37 PM
One show owner told me he would have bought the Frenzy IF it went all the way around. Saw it on Bates Bros once and it seemed to do OK. Didn't a show take it out for a while and then sent it back?
Powers had an EOS Mind Blaster which had two spinning tubs vs Disko's one. Ride belonged to A D Toler who left the business, never heard what happened to it but I remember it didn't do too well at the spots where I saw it.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:41:12 AM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

One show owner told me he would have bought the Frenzy IF it went all the way around. Saw it on Bates Bros once and it seemed to do OK. Didn't a show take it out for a while and then sent it back?
Powers has an EOS Mind Blaster which had two spinning tubs vs Disko's one. Ride belonged to A D Toler who left the business, never heard what happened to it but I remember it didn't do too well at the spots where I saw it.

yeah, I remember that Mind Blaster now at the NC MTN state fair one or two years when Powers had the contract, and yep I never saw it run while I was there.

I think Wade booked or leased the Frenzy down in Florida last year for a couple of spots.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, July 12, 2017 6:50:08 PM
Frenzy is in north myrtle beach . Not sure who has it here
midwayfan
Wednesday, July 12, 2017 9:23:49 PM
Calaway Park in Calgary Alberta bought the Mind Blaster. On their website
JustinJames
Thursday, July 13, 2017 12:13:25 AM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

A D Toler who left the business

AD is still in the business. Was in Raliegh last year.

thunderbolt85
Thursday, July 13, 2017 6:34:06 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

AD is still in the business. Was in Raliegh last year.

JustinJames, how are you all doing, is that bad weather up there affecting business too much? I saw on weather channel that rain storms were "training" over Michigan and Chicago, with a few tornadoes.

Hope everyone is safe.
JustinJames
Thursday, July 13, 2017 5:09:09 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

JustinJames, how are you all doing, is that bad weather up there affecting business too much? I saw on weather channel that rain storms were "training" over Michigan and Chicago, with a few tornadoes.

Hope everyone is safe.

We have only seen some heavy rain during the overnight and early daytime hours. When we have been open it has been good.