thunderbolt85
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 6:48:07 AM
I know J&J had a Sky Wheel at one time, I believe I read that it was green. Deggeller had one that was green and white I am pretty sure as it was at the Upper SC State Fair for several years, and I saw a picture of the four Deggeller had at the FSF back in the 80s and one was green and white.

Does anyone know if that one was the one sold to J&J, and is it still sitting at J&J WQ's? Just curious as to what happened to it.
ridejocky
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 10:52:49 AM
I think I remember that four-abreast in Tampa. One of the wheels was Strates', yes?

Didn't someone have a purple wheel?
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 12:28:04 PM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

I think I remember that four-abreast in Tampa. One of the wheels was Strates', yes?

Didn't someone have a purple wheel?

Yes, one was Strates, one was Deggeller, CVS had one and one was an independent.

They were all the traditional yellow/green except for the one green and white one.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, June 20, 2017 7:55:07 PM
J&J had TWO Skywheels at one time. The green one was put on longer trailers at some time in its past. It was traded in when they got the Mulligan Wheel from Frederiksen/Amuse of Buffalo.

J&J also had a pink Herschel Skywheel. Saw it once in Clearfield, PA in 1999. They might still have that one in storage. Back in the late 90's they also had 2 Sky Divers. The Divers were painted the same but had different panels around the ramps etc.
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 12:35:47 AM
Bill, I think the pink one may have come from Ron Sanders N.E.I.
I know there were guys from the old Nova Exposition working with J&J
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 6:59:01 AM
Thanks guys for the information, I knew they had the two sky divers, didn't know they had the two sky wheels.

I know the last year he played the Upper SC State Fair, he did finally bring a Sky Diver, first time one was there since the Johnny's United Shows days.

He also had a ground mount Music Express, looked like they just got it, it never ran, and took them a few days into the fair to finish setting it up, not sure what happened to that one.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 9:26:18 PM
J&J supposedly got a Himalaya out of a park in Indiana but I never saw it. They had a Chance Thunderbolt themed Rock N Roll. They may have had 2 Yoyo's too. had 2 super loops too. Put them side by side at Dunkirk NY maybe in 2006, not sure when.
ridejocky
Wednesday, June 21, 2017 11:11:10 PM
I wonder what ever happened to Atlas Greater's old Himilaya.

Or all his stuff for that matter. He had a good bit of equipment.
Ride the Zipper?
mgr man
Saturday, June 24, 2017 9:35:21 PM
photo The green sky wheel was bought by someone from East Liverpool, Ohio. He is setting it up on his property.
thunderbolt85
Monday, June 26, 2017 6:42:23 AM
Originally Posted by: mgr man 

photo The green sky wheel was bought by someone from East Liverpool, Ohio. He is setting it up on his property.

Wow, thanks for that picture.