OldBob
  •  OldBob
  • 51.68% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Sunday, April 9, 2017 11:22:12 AM
GREENVILLE, SC – Five children were injured during the annual Spring Carnival at Springwell Church in Taylors on Saturday.

http://www.foxnews.com/u...h-carolina-carnival.html 
OldBob
  •  OldBob
  • 51.68% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Tuesday, April 11, 2017 11:17:45 AM
I don't know how many of you seen the Weather Channel yesterday (4/10/17), but they kept running a the story about "flying bounce houses" over and over all day. It showed video on them in the air at different events. Then they had a guy that rents them explaining how to make sure that if you rent one, to stake it down. Showing how to make sure the stakes are down. He mentioned that on pavement to make sure the sand bags are holding it down.

The story was about safety and how to make sure the inflate is staked down, but with all the video of flying inflates it came off as they are unsafe.

For all you inflate operators, I would make sure you stake or weight yours down really good, because parents are going to be checking them after seeing this story.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, April 12, 2017 6:56:45 AM
Old Bob is right, but not sure sand bags will get it on pavement. Understand one can't always use stakes, but those sandbags just don't weigh enough.

I had one years ago and had huge cement anchors on all four corners. Played a spot with wind/gusts and the wind still picked it up and moved it. No one was inside during that, but I shut it down for the rest of the day.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, April 12, 2017 9:39:49 PM
Bounce houses are Unsafe so are Guns, and Carnival rides and Cars/Trucks along with other things.... It all boils down to who owns it, and how it's operated it.

Been in the business over two decades NEVER have one take off or even blow over and never had a claim.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Wednesday, April 12, 2017 10:09:23 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Old Bob is right, but not sure sand bags will get it on pavement. Understand one can't always use stakes, but those sandbags just don't weigh enough.

I had one years ago and had huge cement anchors on all four corners. Played a spot with wind/gusts and the wind still picked it up and moved it. No one was inside during that, but I shut it down for the rest of the day.

If your using the proper heavy sand bags, with one on each point , no way the bounce should move.
BeauceCarnavalMan