DrNickRiviera995
Friday, February 12, 2016 8:06:16 AM
Anyone own one here yet? Was wondering if it's possible to use the drive mechanism to power a full-size Trabant?
SideWinder
Saturday, February 13, 2016 10:13:58 AM
Originally Posted by: DrNickRiviera995 

Anyone own one here yet? Was wondering if it's possible to use the drive mechanism to power a full-size Trabant?

I got one and used the drive system and Ron Hamm's Wipeout kit to convert it into a "Wipeout"
DrNickRiviera995
Monday, February 15, 2016 8:22:49 AM
Your Wipeout looks really good. Does it raise and lower like the real ride?

I've got a Trabant on order with Warren Renauld and was thinking about doing something like that. Was it difficult to convert it or did you just need to mount the Wipeout disc onto the drive and let it rip?
Stephen F.
Thursday, September 22, 2016 2:44:39 PM
Does anyone have photos of this full size conversion? I've seen images of the crazy clown mech on youtube and I don't see how this could be possible, the dimensions are so much smaller on the boom.
Stephen F.
Tuesday, October 4, 2016 6:20:25 PM
FYI, I bought the Crazy Clown and I'm in the process of priming and painting the parts. I'm extremely happy to have found that my local hobby shop still carries Gunze Sangyo paint, I loved working with that brand.

After studying the instructions and the parts, I still can not figure how the arm raises and lowers. I guess it will make sense as I assemble the gears which are quite complex on this. If this thing is too noisy and vibrates too much I'll just use it as a static model, it looks really nice which is all it really needs to do.
Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, October 4, 2016 11:07:39 PM
Great little model, I just built one for a friend. Runs very smooth and quiet. Make sure you use grease on gears where suggested in the manual.
DrNickRiviera995
Thursday, October 6, 2016 7:28:30 AM
So, with this drive, do you guys think it would be relatively easy for Faller to do a full size Hully Gully?
Stephen F.
Tuesday, November 1, 2016 3:24:36 PM
Originally Posted by: DrNickRiviera995 

So, with this drive, do you guys think it would be relatively easy for Faller to do a full size Hully Gully?

Not at all. It would have to be completely redesigned with all new parts. They could probably scale up the parts in whatever CAD program they use to make these molds but it would be labor intensive for sure.

The easiest future models for them to make would be based on pre-existing molds such as a real HUSS Pirate, a Weber 1001 Nachts, a Mondial Top Scan with a different theme, and maybe a HUSS Ranger (but that would be the most labor intensive of the lot as it would require several new molds).
Stephen F.
Wednesday, November 30, 2016 7:57:39 AM
The Satori Mini-Trabant is almost done:

I decided I want to do away with the "Crazy Clown" theme all together. I'm going to make a new back wall sign in photo shop + evergreen plastic. New loli-pop signs too. It's going to be "Toy Box" which goes well with the backwall art.

This model is taking longer then I thought...