johnroach100
  •  johnroach100
  • 58.22% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, December 2, 2007 5:46:07 PM
I'm not as young as I was and every time I see a new thread in Special Announcements I worry about another old friend being gone. Since more and more of them seem to be celebrating surviving another year out here, is there any chance of a birthday heading to keep my heart from skipping a beat?
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, December 2, 2007 6:15:46 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by johnroach100

I'm not as young as I was and every time I see a new thread in Special Announcements I worry about another old friend being gone. Since more and more of them seem to be celebrating surviving another year out here, is there any chance of a birthday heading to keep my heart from skipping a beat?

We discussed this last year, infact we even had a humor section. My memory is as short as ..... I can't remember what happen to either. I would be nice to title it as a birthday or passing or the occassion.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
johnroach100
  •  johnroach100
  • 58.22% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, December 2, 2007 6:34:25 PM
Flamo, I remember the humor section and the discussion about birthdays a little. I remember Pinetar being totally against mentioning birthdays. I fall in the middle, birthdays are important, but only to the main one and their friends. I've never worked on a web site but how hard can it be to add a section? Not easy to hear my son tell it (www.roachamusements.com) but I imagine it's not that big a deal.
Mr. Fixit
Monday, December 3, 2007 2:15:02 PM
Birthdays are appropriate in the "Special Announcements and the Final Curtain" Forum.

Quote:

quote:

Birth announcements, obituaries, and other significant announcements for people connected to the amusement industry.

A lot of birthdays don't get their own post, just the mention at the bottom of the main forum page. To give them their own forum only fragments the posts here even further, and requires one to click on yet another forum to read the posts.
CAUTION, Administrator at work. This is a troll-free zone.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change." - Charles Darwin