Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, January 25, 2015 10:48:13 PM
I see its been pretty dead on here lately...

Found a pdf of Fallers 2015 catalog and not much is new. Looks like they pushed back the release date of the kiddie wipeout and came out with a huge German festival tent. Dont see that as being useful to most of us over here.

I did read how they are going to re- release an older piece this fall with new drive and control system. I'm hoping it's the wave swinger. I have yet to acquire one.

Last thing I saw was they have a new motor coming out. Its an upgraded version of their popular old plastic motor but now its dc so you can control the speeds!
DrNickRiviera995
Monday, January 26, 2015 4:14:41 AM
Disapointing, I am still hopeful to sometime soon get a full size version Hully Gully since they seem to have the drive. Was so let down last year when I saw the words "Hully Gully" and then saw that dumb kiddie ride.
Matt C.
Monday, January 26, 2015 8:04:54 PM
Originally Posted by: Ted 

I see its been pretty dead on here lately...

Found a pdf of Fallers 2015 catalog and not much is new. Looks like they pushed back the release date of the kiddie wipeout and came out with a huge German festival tent. Dont see that as being useful to most of us over here.

I did read how they are going to re- release an older piece this fall with new drive and control system. I'm hoping it's the wave swinger. I have yet to acquire one.

Last thing I saw was they have a new motor coming out. Its an upgraded version of their popular old plastic motor but now its dc so you can control the speeds!



It would be nice to see them upgrade the Wave Swinger drive. I dont have one, but always thought it would be a fun piece to have.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
mattypark
Saturday, January 31, 2015 4:15:08 PM
That would be fantastic if they released the Wave Swinger again. It was a fun build, but would love an upgrade without the reverse sequence. (My kit was unfortunately stolen by a certain someone whom I paid to put lights on it 5 years ago...).
rideguyray
Saturday, January 31, 2015 6:03:26 PM
I hope they will release the wave swinger again, hopefully with Zierer's artwork, i never really liked the circus theme but that is one i'm kicking myself for never getting before it was retired
Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
DrNickRiviera995
Monday, February 2, 2015 9:40:13 PM
It would make sense to put the Wave Swinger out again at some point. I couldn't understand why they retired it anyway, it was only around a few years. Hopefully they use the more traditional themeing like mentioned above, maybe make it with some sort of lighting too.
skydiver77
Friday, February 6, 2015 12:37:14 AM
The Wave Swinger from Faller is cool, the looks of it, but like their Chair o Plane, it's just too fast to look authentic. That's one reason why i'll never get it. I wonder if there's a way to slow it down to where it looks more true to the real Wave Swinger when in action? Be nice if Faller came out with an Enterprise, but have it to where a mechanism controls each car to swing out, giving it a true look to the one in real life when gravity takes over the cars for when they're about to go upside down. Just like Don Cummons, he knew what he was doing when he made the Flying Bobs & Music Fest, he didn't have the cars / tubs go so fast as to actually " fly " over the hills & look like a blur, not letting people know what they were looking at, seeing the details of the tubs. The ride goes fast just enough to look good and true to a real Bobs or Fest, not to have it go so fast as to where one can't recognize what's going around, unlike Faller's Wave Swinger & Chair o Plane. Don's Scat is the same way, it is a medium to slow speed, just as it should be, not to where the ride becomes a blur, like I've seen a few ride models out there do, with a motor pushing the ride itself too fast.
DrNickRiviera995
Monday, February 9, 2015 12:10:58 AM
Another thing I REALLY want from Faller and I don't think it would be too difficult for them, is a traditionally themed Pirat. Or just a scenery kit for the existing ride. How hard could that be?
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, February 10, 2015 4:16:34 AM
the dc motor is it rumor or real i need like 5 of them and one i need to have a long shaft for the rainbow.
Ted
  •  Ted
  • 62.08% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Thursday, September 17, 2015 4:22:45 PM
I think I should buy a lottery ticket today! I called it 8 mos ago, looks like the wave swinger is coming back! New decoration and upgrades. Says it will be available in November!
SideWinder
Saturday, September 19, 2015 1:56:44 AM
Originally Posted by: skydiver77 

The Wave Swinger from Faller is cool, the looks of it, but like their Chair o Plane, it's just too fast to look authentic. That's one reason why i'll never get it. I wonder if there's a way to slow it down to where it looks more true to the real Wave Swinger when in action? Be nice if Faller came out with an Enterprise, but have it to where a mechanism controls each car to swing out, giving it a true look to the one in real life when gravity takes over the cars for when they're about to go upside down. Just like Don Cummons, he knew what he was doing when he made the Flying Bobs & Music Fest, he didn't have the cars / tubs go so fast as to actually " fly " over the hills & look like a blur, not letting people know what they were looking at, seeing the details of the tubs. The ride goes fast just enough to look good and true to a real Bobs or Fest, not to have it go so fast as to where one can't recognize what's going around, unlike Faller's Wave Swinger & Chair o Plane. Don's Scat is the same way, it is a medium to slow speed, just as it should be, not to where the ride becomes a blur, like I've seen a few ride models out there do, with a motor pushing the ride itself too fast.



All you got to do is get a slower motor or gear that one down that's on the Chair o Plane. That's what I did with mine and it runs like a kiddie ride should, nice and slow....
SideWinder
Saturday, September 19, 2015 1:58:03 AM
Originally Posted by: Ted 

I think I should buy a lottery ticket today! I called it 8 mos ago, looks like the wave swinger is coming back! New decoration and upgrades. Says it will be available in November!



November of 2020?? With the way they pop out rides....
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 80.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, September 19, 2015 3:40:56 AM
List price $199 Euro's or about $225 US.
DrNickRiviera995
Monday, October 5, 2015 1:33:36 PM
That's cool to see it's back and with the traditional look. Now if they would do a traditional Pirat.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 80.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, October 5, 2015 3:37:09 PM
Walthers now has the new Wave swinger listed for $279.99, November 30 availability, "limited run".
Users browsing this topic
  • OceanSpiders 2.0