Benjibear
Monday, February 23, 2009 2:45:27 PM
The issue is I can look at any of my models and tell you what is wrong with them. I do know what you mean but I always look at my finished work and want to go back but if I did I would have one model.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Nick
  •  Nick
  • 50.02% (Neutral)
  • Green Help
Monday, February 23, 2009 3:38:47 PM
I know what you mean as well lol. The thing is we are are worst critics so we have the tendency to see the little imperfections. I am getting sick of buying kits for parts that I screwed up lol. Mostly painting issues but I am getting better with that as well. I was working on an RAH slide and I must of went through 3 kits so far.. I just can't get it to where I want it.....yet.
Skywheelrider
Monday, February 23, 2009 8:02:37 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

The issue is I can look at any of my models and tell you what is wrong with them. I do know what you mean but I always look at my finished work and want to go back but if I did I would have one model.

LOL I agree. I do go back sometimes, and repaint, or change some detail, etc. Last night I was working on a new g/m Scrambler, and put together the crown of lights in the centre, looked at it today and said "nope, doesn't look right," and took it all apart, and redid it, now it looks much better, to me.

My feeling is, if it looks alright to me, even with a flaw or two, then I leave it alone; most of the time when the model gets put on a layout with other models, it fits right in, so I am happy. But no, I am never 100% happy with every model I build. But at the same time, with many of mine, I am pleased to say I have a model of a ____________ (insert ride name) and I guess I just leave it at that. *shrugs*

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, February 24, 2009 10:47:17 AM
I am my biggest critic. The older I get, the worst I am, and the more in depth I go with projects. To me, it's all about detail, accuracy, and cost is never an object. I see the stuff that Model Railroaders do as far as detail work, and know that it is possible for a Carnival Modeler to accomplish that as well.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, February 24, 2009 1:23:07 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by powersbt

I am my biggest critic. The older I get, the worst I am, and the more in depth I go with projects. To me, it's all about detail, accuracy, and cost is never an object. I see the stuff that Model Railroaders do as far as detail work, and know that it is possible for a Carnival Modeler to accomplish that as well.

Aaaaah I can't tell you how many times I read Scale Models at Broaders and say to myself why can't we accomplish that same detail with our stuff.
ringmaster
Friday, March 26, 2010 9:19:09 AM
rhttp://www.macropodsoftw...download/index.htmladded  memory keys to the simple version, and keep 43 (or 87) in memory as a constant. Note the advance version has an up to date currency converter that is great.
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Tilt-A-Whirl27

Hey everyone,r
I'm a new member and live in Ontario. I came across this conversion calculator online that I use often when it comes to scratchbuilding anything. From rides to buildings it's great for them all.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/modrrscalecalc.html 

carnivalkits
Tuesday, November 2, 2010 6:10:54 PM
Just so it stays around...check this out for ride information and specs.

Rich

http://www.fabbrigroup.c...ide.php?r=124&cat=fm 
ringmaster
Thursday, April 7, 2011 3:12:21 PM
carnivalkits
Saturday, December 10, 2011 10:56:07 PM
I was looking for some small chain and came across some at a REAL Hobby shop in Orlando. Here is a link to chain that is 4 dollars a foot and has 42 links per inch, great stuff.

http://modelexpo-online....p?ITEMNO=MS0516&UID= 
carnivalkits
Saturday, June 28, 2014 9:39:29 PM
Hey Matt is there a way to delete old posts in here or at least update the links. I checked a few of mine and they no longer work. I want to keep this useful to modlers.

Thanks Rich
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, July 4, 2014 1:05:41 AM
their should be a edit button on the top left or bottom left, not sure if it disapears after time.

Modelingrick
Monday, March 9, 2015 10:51:33 PM
This is a great post. I was looking for a company that manufactured graphics. I am a scratch modeler and it's hard to draw some of then graphics in ho scale that I need for my Crazy Dance.
Modeling Rick
carnivalkits
Monday, June 1, 2015 1:34:07 PM
http://webpages.charter....e/html/sd_scalecalc2.htm 

This is a great calculator for figuring out dimensions of any scale. It also has charts for drill sizes and digital equivalents.

Rich