Musher
  •  Musher
  • 68.44% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, May 25, 2015 8:54:45 PM
Went to see the rebuilt and rethemed Wisdom Himalaya to Amor Express. This is it first spot for it and they still have a few things to wrap up on it yet.
Musher attached the following image(s):
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, May 26, 2015 6:39:08 PM
Nice tribute to a classic. However, I still miss the original. You have to wonder where it's at. Any ideas of where the second might be?
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, May 27, 2015 7:16:42 AM
Someone on here said that it might be sitting at Modern Midways WQ's.
Matt C.
Wednesday, May 27, 2015 6:01:45 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Ryan could probably tell you a little more about that....
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
chuck
  •  chuck
  • 62.8% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, May 28, 2015 6:33:09 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

This was Astro's old one?

Was the second one with Goodings? I remember seeing one in a Goodings Album.
Matt C.
Monday, June 1, 2015 2:44:56 PM
Ohio Ron
  •  Ohio Ron
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, June 2, 2015 12:37:22 AM
Kissel Rides & Shows, now Kissel Entertainment old Himalaya was an SDC Armor Express. I think they have sold the ride. There is a pic of it here:
http://www.flatrides.com...ylor-county-fair-2.shtml 
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, June 2, 2015 6:50:14 AM
Originally Posted by: chuck 

This was Astro's old one?

Was the second one with Goodings? I remember seeing one in a Goodings Album.

Yeah seen those pictures, maybe it was booked in? I know a SDC Amor Express came to Greenville for two in 86 and 87, at first I thought it was Deggellers, but he may have just booked it in those two years. For a while there he would send some big pieces to the Upper State Fair, and book in a bunch of pieces.

The ride looked sharp, but I remember I went back on the last night and boy it was stripped down, no top, no tunnel, just frame work, platforms and such. Course back then there was a lot of that, there was a Chance Music Fest there as well and it was stripped down with no top, or inside scenery.
Jackpotter
Tuesday, June 2, 2015 6:07:54 PM
Originally Posted by: Ohio Ron 

Kissel Rides & Shows, now Kissel Entertainment old Himalaya was an SDC Armor Express. I think they have sold the ride. There is a pic of it here:
http://www.flatrides.com...ylor-county-fair-2.shtml 

Ride now is on Paradise Amusements owned by Mike Parks.
Astro85
Tuesday, December 26, 2017 12:17:38 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of Astro's old Amor Express. I've been trying to model that ride but haven't seen any really good pictures of it. Does anyone remember what it looked like? It's been a while, my memory is fuzzy. Thanks.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, December 27, 2017 6:46:58 AM
Originally Posted by: Astro85 

Does anyone have any pictures of Astro's old Amor Express. I've been trying to model that ride but haven't seen any really good pictures of it. Does anyone remember what it looked like? It's been a while, my memory is fuzzy. Thanks.

Here is a link to a great site with lots of old carnival pictures, a lot of good old classic rides are here, but this link will take you directly to a series of photos on Gooding's Million Dollar Midways with several pictures of his Amor Express:

https://www.flickr.com/p...albums/72157624596013835 

So from the posts I see there were two of them in the USA, I know one of them came to the Upper SC State Fair for two years in a row, 1986 and 1987. I thought that Deggeller had bought one, but I guess they were booked in either by Gooding's or Astro, not sure which one.

In 1991 Crown Amusements got the contract to that fair from Deggeller and the first year he came he had Himalaya which I believe was a Soli, it was a rough ride, but the Amor was smooth. After that first year Dick Carl sold it I guess and got a Thunderbolt so never saw that one again, but I think Modern Midways has it now and it might be up for sale, not sure though. I don't know if that Himi was one of the Amor's with new theming or not.

ridejocky
Wednesday, December 27, 2017 9:27:36 AM
Link doesn’t work for me...
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, December 27, 2017 9:35:50 AM
sorry not sure what is wrong with it, but try this, I always use this and get it right away:

use google and type in "deggeller magic midway Virginia"

you should see one of the choices as "flickr" for that title photo album by "mattdratt", just click on that, now you will be in the deggeller album, but just click on "back to albums list" at the top left and you will see all the albums, the Goodings one is on the second page, one or two of them.
Astro85
Wednesday, December 27, 2017 11:57:11 AM
Well if it was Astro's Amor Express, the timeline would fit. Astro's Amor disappeared from their midway after 1985. So I guess it would make sense if they booked it in around 1986-87.
Astro85
Wednesday, December 27, 2017 12:10:20 PM
Of course there's also Kissell Bros / Paradise Amusements SDC Himalaya, which is an old Amor Express. Where did that one come from?