thunderbolt85
Wednesday, April 29, 2015 7:15:19 AM
I was wondering if anyone had any good stories about moving the old model Bumper Cars, the ground mtn versions, or while operating them, or even some of the new versions.

I really liked the F&B versions, but also the Lampkin models as well, liked the banjo lights around the outside.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, April 29, 2015 12:49:08 PM
I moved many some home made but the best I ever moved was a Revechon. 2 - 40 foot trailers were needed to move it. The building was roughly 40 X 70 Teardown 3 - 4 hours Set up 8 hours or so. 100 floor plates Extremely well built and designed. No obstructions on the floor. Operates on 90 to 95 volts DC We had it over 10 years and never changed a motor
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, April 29, 2015 3:34:31 PM
Originally Posted by: flamo 

I moved many some home made but the best I ever moved was a Revechon. 2 - 40 foot trailers were needed to move it. The building was roughly 40 X 70 Teardown 3 - 4 hours Set up 8 hours or so. 100 floor plates Extremely well built and designed. No obstructions on the floor. Operates on 90 to 95 volts DC We had it over 10 years and never changed a motor

Wow, sounds like a great model. I helped operate a F&B model, but didn't get to help with tear down or set up. I did work (tear down/set up) with a Majestic which wasn't bad at all. We had it down in about 2 hours with no green help.

Did you all prestrip? You don't happen to know of any pictures of a Revechon?
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, April 29, 2015 10:00:27 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Wow, sounds like a great model. I helped operate a F&B model, but didn't get to help with tear down or set up. I did work (tear down/set up) with a Majestic which wasn't bad at all. We had it down in about 2 hours with no green help.

Did you all prestrip? You don't happen to know of any pictures of a Revechon?[/quotE
We rarely put the outside scenery on. It went on before you raise the top. The top was a structure
that was raised by cable with 2 main hoists that pulled up the 4 corners, We did have lit pilasters on the 2 center post and corners. We rarely stripped them The top had screen instead of a tin roof. The 2 sceens rand the length of the of the ride and clipped together in the middle. Al sidewalks all around. Only once I started at 11pm drove over 3 hour and had the ride open at 5pm pm. We usually had a 10 man crew. We level it with a transit so it was always level and the floor was smooth

Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, April 29, 2015 11:00:39 PM
Zabel's Amusements in Buffalo, NY had a Reverchon scooter in the late 70's. Never heard what happened to it when they folded up in the 80's. Sounds just like the one described in this post.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, April 30, 2015 12:33:51 AM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

Zabel's Amusements in Buffalo, NY had a Reverchon scooter in the late 70's. Never heard what happened to it when they folded up in the 80's. Sounds just like the one described in this post.

I don't remember the name of the show Al Sunny sold it too but I do remember it went to a show in upstate NY. The first trailer was a Brown drop frame electronics van and the second trailer was a car transporter. We racked with the roof being where the cars went The tailgate was the lift to lift the cars. The transform was in the nose of the 2nd trailer. I built the fence that went around and below the rail. Same one Bill? The sub floor was painted green and every thing above was blue,The last spot it player Savanh GA Sparky and I drove down from Cleveland to bring it about a week before they came to take it to NY.It was well taken care of.

mgr man
Sunday, May 10, 2015 4:16:44 PM
Wilsons Family Show had one setup at the Whiteside Co Fair, in Morrison,Il last year
geewizz66
Thursday, May 28, 2015 12:46:03 AM
We bought a 40' by 80' Floyd and Baxter from Bill Capell Sr., and Mac Duce in 1993. Two 40' trailers, we actually got the guy that moved the piece, it was the only way that I would buy it! We ordered a new four piece top in our colors, set it up the first time at a shopping center in Phoenix and Bill Capell Jr., stopped by to take some photos of the ride. A micro-burst (mini tornado out here in the desert) hit the lot and flipped the van load over, did a lot of damage to the Bumper Car building., literally moved the Dragon Wagon (the entire ride) 30' - thankfully we were on asphalt and with the rain, it just slid. Anyway Bill Jr took jumped in his SUV and was snapping photos of everything going on and actually took a picture of the clock in his vehicle, he said later that he wanted to have whomever found him and developed the film, to have a time of death! Scary stuff but we got the ride back together, replaced a ton of the wooden uprights and the mirrored sections and moved it every week until we sold it to Butch Butler in May of 1998!
Geewizz66