carnivalkits
Sunday, May 3, 2015 8:07:22 PM
This is a model of the Hurricane. It is 3d printed by shapeways using my design. It is pretty close to the actual ride that I got dimentions from about four years ago. I have been making static versions but had always wanted to make one that would run. With the help of 3d printing it is going to happen. THe ride still needs some adjustments to make the tubs track right but it is getting close enough to share. I intend on using a servo to make the tubs raise and lower and a second motor to make the tubs turn.

here are two links to the model so far.
model in loading position.
Tubs flying by me activating them manually.

Let me know what you think and if there is anything that does not look right.

The parts will be availible via Shapeways and the motors and control system from me. I will also be offering the model in static and fully operational.

Thanks RIch
carnivalkits
Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:43:45 PM
Ok here is the next step in the process. I have it running and still a few bumps that need to be worked out but overall it is running well. Jump at the end is due to the swivel not working correctly and the sweep cables getting twisted like a rubber band that unwinds quickly. Another few weeks and I hope to say it is ready!

rideguyray
Thursday, May 7, 2015 9:00:23 PM
Holy Crap!!
Looks awesome Rich
great work
I like how it lifts and spins like the real ride, just not too sure about the arm's going above the center though
Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, May 8, 2015 5:56:09 PM
The sweeps will go a bit over the center when popped out to the max.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Fabbri_Guy
Saturday, May 9, 2015 2:37:26 PM
Amazing. The possibilities of 3d prints are endless
carnivalkits
Wednesday, May 20, 2015 1:59:58 PM
Ok I am about 95 percent done now. May still play with the program to get the turn to slow as the sweeps hit max height. I need to hide the electronics and make it all pretty but I am happy with it!

Utube clip

Rich
skydiver77
Sunday, June 21, 2015 12:04:09 AM
I just saw a video of your Hurricane! Great job! It runs true to the real one! Now go build a KMG Fire Ball that not only swings, but the claw / seats spin as well. [8d] If you built a Chance Sky Diver, I know i'd be putting in an order for that one!