thunderbolt85
Friday, October 24, 2014 10:00:48 AM
Anybody know where RAS's Calypso is now, last I heard it was sitting at CVS WQ, just wondering.

Also, how about their:

Seattle Wheel
Sky Diver
All those railroad light towers (the big ones) did they just get junked?

IndianaTED
Friday, October 24, 2014 10:27:42 AM
And what happened to their iconic front gate?
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Skywheelrider
Friday, October 24, 2014 1:03:00 PM
As has been discussed multiple times here the former R.A.S. Giant Wheel (they never called it the Seattle Wheel) is in Chesaning, Michigan at the McDonagh's shop. In pieces, maybe getting rebuilt, eventually. Has been there since 2004.

Last I saw posted here the Calypso was sitting at the Cumberland Valley Shows quarters in Tennessee. CVS bought that, the Giant Wheel, and Space Wheels at the same time.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
thunderbolt85
Friday, October 24, 2014 3:48:49 PM
Originally Posted by: Skywheelrider 

As has been discussed multiple times here the former R.A.S. Giant Wheel (they never called it the Seattle Wheel) is in Chesaning, Michigan at the McDonagh's shop. In pieces, maybe getting rebuilt, eventually. Has been there since 2004.

Last I saw posted here the Calypso was sitting at the Cumberland Valley Shows quarters in Tennessee. CVS bought that, the Giant Wheel, and Space Wheels at the same time.

Your right, we have talked about the Giant Wheel, sorry my bad. Forgot that it was up there with them.

Anyway thanks for the reminder.
ringmaster
Sunday, November 2, 2014 6:41:46 PM
For what it's worth, or maybe even less, I remember seeing the Calypso and the Turbo booked on Gooding, about the same time I saw the Twister, not Super Twister, a GM with a mounted center booked on Wade's. One of the mounted 16's turned up on a forty miler in Michigan who rightly called it their Giant Wheel.
I've never known whether RAS mounted two or all four 16's