Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:12:57 AM
[agree]
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

No wheel?

No wheel at all.....They have sold alot of eq Sea Ray gone and no tilt.
JustinJames
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 12:57:58 PM
Given the info I have seen and studied... this so called fair is lucky they have any rides.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 3:35:12 PM
We had this fair back in the early 90s but I wasn't there personally during the event.

We hauled some rides in for the main unit and then we had a small unit up in the middle part of the state at the same time at a couple of festivals.

Some of the equipment we had there included the Sky Wheel, Sea Ray, and a some majors/kiddies, but I don't believe we sent the Bobs in.
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:22:36 PM
do they still own a wheel? i know they no longer have

skywheel
sea ray
spider
tempest?
have not seen their mardi gra either?
wheel?

thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 15, 2014 7:23:55 AM
Originally Posted by: daniel 

do they still own a wheel? i know they no longer have

skywheel
sea ray
spider
tempest?
have not seen their mardi gra either?
wheel?

He had a standard ferris wheel at one time, I think it was even the one Billy moved when he was on Georgia Amusement Company. Not sure if he still has it or not, can't remember the type (Eli, etc).

daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, October 15, 2014 8:47:13 PM
he had two wheels a eli and one like Big rocks not sure if he sold the larger wheel, saw the eli in april or may in raleigh.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:35:02 AM
Originally Posted by: daniel 

he had two wheels a eli and one like Big rocks not sure if he sold the larger wheel, saw the eli in april or may in raleigh.

Yeah, he sold that Expo a while back, thought he had one of our old wheels, 16 seat Giant Wheel, but guess not.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Friday, October 17, 2014 8:42:42 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Yeah, he sold that Expo a while back, thought he had one of our old wheels, 16 seat Giant Wheel, but guess not.

They had a wheel few years back i know. They have reduced their line up alot over last few years.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Friday, October 17, 2014 8:47:14 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

Given the info I have seen and studied... this so called fair is lucky they have any rides.

American legion handles it. Seems like the guy that use to over see it died. The guy in charge now must made someone mad because they just dont bring alot and its not because of the attendance. Because people pack in there every night they just enjoy whatever is there,Not many carnivals come through this area.
JustinJames
Friday, October 17, 2014 2:33:52 PM
It is a still date with nothing besides a midway and they whack you $6.00 to enter. It is not a real fair.

thunderbolt85
Friday, October 17, 2014 3:16:42 PM

It is a still date with nothing besides a midway and they whack you $6.00 to enter. It is not a real fair.

Now that you mention, I don't remember any buildings really on the grounds when we dropped off the Sea Ray, course, that was about 20 years ago.

Remember a grass lot, kinda just a field really.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Saturday, October 18, 2014 12:55:21 PM

Yeah they had animals and other stuff but closed due to snow caving in building