britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, October 6, 2014 2:06:57 PM

we have 3 days in and 6 to go. rain on day 1, closing early, but day 2 and 3 did well. not records but well. 40 plus pieces on the midway with them well lit, clean and neat. I have people stopping me around the grounds commenting how well it looks. check out Big Rocks facebook page to see the brightness. all of Big Rock here as well as Gerry Shoup's Dreamland unit with the Vertigo. Rockwell's green Mulligan with the Denny's light package and rockstar here also. new for this year is a beautiful skywheel, sizzler, dark ride, samba balloons, speedway, teacups, kiddie drop tower and more. several MCW members here. myself, justin, dcradio, longpondcamper and a few others are expected to make an appearance. we have the hypnotists, rowdy rooster, racing pigs, lions and tigers, local acts, petting zoo, lawnmower pulls and racing, musical entertainment, chain saw carver, and the list goes on. a lot for a $7.00 admission gate. check us out at www.robesoncountyfair.com  see if you can recognize our website designer. lol
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, October 6, 2014 8:29:33 PM
cant wait even with my miss hap this weekend ill be theri i hope thurs and friday if not both one of them.
dccradio
Monday, October 6, 2014 11:29:57 PM
We are enjoying the fair Britt. It was nice seeing you this evening. Thanks for all of the hard work from you and the other board members. You all put on a great little fair!
Mark H
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, October 7, 2014 10:55:16 AM
Hate to see that the Trooper went up for sale, saw the Expo Wheel as well for sale, which is no big deal since you have a beautiful Sky Wheel.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
Tuesday, October 7, 2014 11:26:23 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Hate to see that the Trooper went up for sale, saw the Expo Wheel as well for sale, which is no big deal since you have a beautiful Sky Wheel.

there are planned replacemnts for both.

JustinJames
Tuesday, October 7, 2014 2:13:44 PM

Not everything is what it seems when someone posts a ride on UR.com 😉
JustinJames
Tuesday, October 7, 2014 2:14:47 PM

Ya never know
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
Thursday, October 9, 2014 11:06:46 AM

weather is holding after a wet start and crowds are good. many, many compliments on the appearance of the midway and grounds. the carnival has stepped up their part again this year and we have improved our side also. all the leds, landscaping, signage and professional attitudes are contributing to the overall fair moving forward. many thanks to all involved. with things I hear happening during the off season and planned improvements and additions, next year will surpass this one.
paulmbe
  •  paulmbe
  • 55.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, October 10, 2014 3:22:09 AM
I keep trying to find an excuse to come back thought we had a shot at taking our new Crossiant Donut Roadshow into Raleigh and was going to come out early and play you on the way but we are going to Shreveport instead. we will also have a booth at IAFE #344. If you are going to Vegas please stop and see what we are up to
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
Friday, October 10, 2014 8:31:18 AM

lots of changes since you were here Paul. you would hardly recognize the place and the midway. that moby dick would have a hard time standing out now.
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, October 10, 2014 2:38:32 PM
heading your way soon in a few hours.