thunderbolt85
Monday, July 28, 2014 1:25:50 PM
Speaking of Reithoffer, was thinking back to the time when I first saw their show. It was a still date at the Greenville Mall.

Rides I remember were the Sky Diver, Hurricane, Sea Sturmbaum, Paratropper, Super Loops, Round Up, Explorer, two backend pieces (one was themed with "He-Man", the other can't remember). And of course MGR, K Coaster and other kiddie rides.

Before they came in I saw two trailers sitting there and one was the Scrambler in the dark, and some kiddie rides.

My question for any of you that traveled with them back then, was that the Orange unit, or blue unit, the Diver was painted orange on the trailer, so assuming the Orange unit.

Does anyone also know if they played the Greenville county fair in the late 70s or early 80s, back then we had two fairs the Upper SC state fair and the Greenville County fair which was in October.

Still looking for pictures from that time ('76-'88) for either of those fairs if anyone has any, have seen a few of Johnny's United at the UPSCSF.
boltz
Monday, July 28, 2014 4:19:57 PM
Blue Unit.
Stop complaining...Nobody cares anyway!!
bigjlh
Monday, July 28, 2014 8:57:59 PM
i helped set up and slough that diver. back in 68 and 69 at p.g. plaza also capital plaza. p.g. county md. it was painted orange then wih the white scrol.work on the sizzors.remember the truck driver driving a brockway. screaming hurry up because he wanted to be on the road to eagleville pa.be fore the sun came up.seems like yesterday.it was as a still date with fat shows. 10 in one and plenty of workings joints. mr campi.ran the front end true gentlemen in every way should of took his advice and put a apron on.oh well a little trip down memory lane. thnx bigjlh retired.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:22:53 AM
Thanks for the info and stories. Yeah I didn't see them again until a few later started seeing them at the Piedmont Interstate Fair. The Trooper and Diver had already been sold, but the blue unit was there with the Scrambler in the dark, the Sea Straubam, and a lot of other good pieces. Hate that I never got to see their Sky Wheel in person.

Oh, and just a little tidbit, that diver left an oil patch for years in that parking lot (worked in the mall for years), guess it had a leak.
bigjlh
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 11:22:13 AM
thunderbolt the last time i saw there skywheel was in bridgport conn. we were a book in waiting to jump into brockton mass. with the million dollar midway. looked good then.they also had a piece there that resembled a swiss bobs but it had cars that looked like mimi. train i dont know if it was show owned or not ronnie g. moved it had a little water pool in center. the worst part of spot was with the moths. came out unreal of the amount of them.i think that wheel might have came ron s.not sure of this but that was what i was told.always liked the big r.it always looked good with the painted murals on trailers etc. etc.old school operation all fond memory.s thnx bigjlh
ridejocky
Saturday, August 2, 2014 11:02:37 AM
I loved playing Bridgeport.
Ride the Zipper?
Tornado
Sunday, August 3, 2014 9:28:32 AM
Originally Posted by: bigjlh 

thunderbolt the last time i saw there skywheel was in bridgport conn. we were a book in waiting to jump into brockton mass. with the million dollar midway. looked good then.they also had a piece there that resembled a swiss bobs but it had cars that looked like mimi. train i dont know if it was show owned or not ronnie g. moved it had a little water pool in center. the worst part of spot was with the moths. came out unreal of the amount of them.i think that wheel might have came ron s.not sure of this but that was what i was told.always liked the big r.it always looked good with the painted murals on trailers etc. etc.old school operation all fond memory.s thnx bigjlh

Never saw it myself but Swiss Bobs looking pieces was called "Over teh Falls" I believe, could be wrong though?