rellington5
Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:36:44 PM
Hey Carnival peeps,

I was hoping someone who reads this forum could help me. I'm looking to do a YouTube parody of a song from Grease, and I need a similar style fun house to the one that was featured in the Carnival scene at the end of the movie. From what I've been able to gather on the web, it looks like they used The "Hollingsworth Funhouse," made by a Florida builder named Fred Hollingsworth, which is a one-trailer version of the German Funhouse, with small rocking stairs, a good three-tier obstacle course inside, and a small barrel. Sometimes goes by the name "Wacky Shack."

I'm willing to travel to wherever to film this video. I don't have a hollywood style budget (I'm just an independent comedian), but I'm willing to pay someone for the rental or perhaps come to an already set up carnival and shoot before the carnival opens.

If anyone could email me at rellington5@gmail.com, or respond to this thread, I'd really appreciate it. THANKS SO MUCH!

Ryan
JustinJames
Friday, July 11, 2014 12:23:02 AM
Find a show with a Hollingsworth Nut Town funhouse
rellington5
Friday, July 11, 2014 1:07:55 AM
I'm not getting anything by googling or searching on the internet. Does it have another name?
JimmyD
  •  JimmyD
  • 52.88% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, July 11, 2014 6:32:06 PM
Originally Posted by: rellington5 

I'm not getting anything by googling or searching on the internet. Does it have another name?

That type of funhouse hasnt been made since the 70s there. Fiesta Shows out in New England has one. Im sure there are several other ones out and about, but I am not certain of their locations. The One on Fiesta Shows is currently for sale.

Jimmy D
James Dillman III
Dillman Family Rides Inc.
rellington5
Friday, July 11, 2014 9:30:28 PM
Thanks Jimmy. You've been super helpful so far. We are currently located in Miami, so the closer we find a moving carnival to South Florida the better. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Steve
daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Friday, July 11, 2014 9:56:31 PM
buy the one up north and market it as the one from greese.
rellington5
Friday, July 11, 2014 10:07:07 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have the budget and I'm not looking to buy something. I'm just trying to locate something similar so we can do the most accurate parody of the video. We don't have a "Hollywood" type budget, but we're willing to travel and pay a rental fee.
Pete
  •  Pete
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:07:06 PM
Dixieland has one similar.
Pete attached the following image(s):