britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:43:31 PM

it is cold here but I am glad I am not up in the northern and midwest states. high 29 here today. 12 last night but no snow thank goodness. gonna be back up in 50 later in week. yah. at least I get to sleep an extra hour as schools are on a delay. catching up from being at convention last week.
The Dude
Thursday, January 23, 2014 3:47:00 PM
Yup plenty cold here lately as well!!!!!!

Brrrrrrrrrrr
Jackpotter
Thursday, January 23, 2014 4:22:47 PM
Wind chills here in KY today have been -15 to -20. Doesn't feel as cold as it did a couple weeks ago with the first Polar Vortex (which sounds like a cool ride name to me).

However my car thermometer was -4 yesterday morning when I pulled out of my driveway.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
Thursday, January 23, 2014 7:28:55 PM
Originally Posted by: Jackpotter 

Wind chills here in KY today have been -15 to -20. Doesn't feel as cold as it did a couple weeks ago with the first Polar Vortex (which sounds like a cool ride name to me).

However my car thermometer was -4 yesterday morning when I pulled out of my driveway.

Should not say this but vortex is not a cool ride name here. this roller coaster weather has got to go. few days around 60-70 then back down in the 20-30's. going back up to 50's this weekend and back down next week in the forecast. in the teens here tonight. cold for southeastern nc.

flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, January 25, 2014 11:55:06 AM
There are reports of massive ice sheets increasing at both poles. It seems we are having an old fashion winter for those of us old enough to remember them. There is one draw back that one can readily see. I follow natural prices and in the past few months that cost has gone from just over $3 per million BTU to its current $5.15. People with gas or electric heat are going to see a big jump in their bills unless they have a set price contract. Spring is only a couple months away. Calif has a different problem, no snow in the mountains and no rain. They are in the third year of a drought. Global warming???
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
Monday, January 27, 2014 9:03:37 AM

roller coaster weather again. high of 64 for today and a winter weather watch for tomorrow and Wednesday. could get as much as 6" of snow and then back up to the 60's for next weekend.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
Monday, January 27, 2014 11:53:34 PM

Well it was 65 today with shirt sleeves but winter storm warning tomorrow with up to 6-10" of snow with high of 30 degrees. school's out for at least 2 days.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
Friday, January 31, 2014 11:44:13 AM
getting back to normal. 1/2" ice covered by 3-4" inches of snow. School's been closed since Tuesday. out and about today. 75 here next Wednesday. glad I was not in Atlanta tho. had a friend caught up in that and spent the night in their car.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:43:08 PM

trying to get over this ice and snow storm. no power and might be another day or two without. went out yesterday. took me an hour to get ice off trck to get in it this morning. 1/2" coating of ice over the inches of snow. tree limbs down everywhere. listened to them break all last night and crash down. no work for 4 days. power lines down across roads. had to take a couple detours today to get out. came over to NMB where there is power and heat.