mgr man
  •  mgr man
  • 63.12% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, January 11, 2014 5:19:15 PM
Does Reithoffer switch rides between units,or do the units always keep the same rides? I was wondering about their arctic blast,never got to see it yet.
Benjibear
Saturday, January 11, 2014 8:27:30 PM
I think the rides usually stay of the same unit.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, January 11, 2014 9:17:53 PM

I think they switch a few. was down in Aiken 2 different years and there were some changes in the specs. spinning coaster one year, stinger the next.
mgr man
  •  mgr man
  • 63.12% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, January 11, 2014 9:20:17 PM
thunderbolt85
Monday, January 13, 2014 7:32:23 AM
Originally Posted by: mgr man 

ok,thank you

They used to switch stuff around a lot. Remember going over to the Piedmont Interstate fair and each year the midway would look a little different. Saw both Tip Tops (one with back scenery, one without). Had a Scrambler, then the one that was in the tent (starjet or something). Had the Rainbow a few years, then the Tornado. Then See Sturm Baum, Super Cat, Flying Bobs. Other rides would come and go like the Hurricane, Chance Twister, Cobra, Inverter, and such.

Now, its pretty much the same every year, not much changing around. Didn't go last year so don't know if they brought the Artic or the one trailer Himi. Lost the Flitzer and Huss rides as well, at least at that fair.
rideguyray
Monday, January 13, 2014 11:45:01 AM
They changed the Lot at frederick MD
2010 had the Sling shot drop tower in the line up
since 2011:
in 2011 they brought in the wild mouse coaster and the power surge to fix it from the flooding in fonda, and due to bloomsburg flooding out the wild mouse got sent here to frederick, MD it had the Racing/indy 500 coasters alternating every year since 03, think i last saw a freak out, yoyo, and tango in '11

2012 brought a few changes: no tango, no yoyo, or freak out, but those were replaced with an 80 foot vertigo,and a wipe-out booked from S&S in PA, No dutch wheel, but they swapped in the Gentle Giant for the dutch wheel so that was a good change, No tornado/flipper, we had the stinger with light problems instead of it, and still had the wild mouse

this past fair in september '13 brought in the artic blast since thats the retheme of Super Cat, same book ins from S&S in Pa, the mouse was back for a third straight year, makes me think its going here instead of bloomsburg for the next 5 or ten years starting in '11
we got the Huss Tornado back in its usual spot, The stinger was back and securing the corner of the lot next to flipper, to my surprise they brought in the Freak out and placed it almost exactly opposite the stinger but set back and 45 degree angle from stinger, almost opposite the Zipper

Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
Tornado
Monday, January 13, 2014 7:47:24 PM
The Wild Mouse has never been to Bloomsburg... It used to go to York and now that they don't have York its now going to Fredrick.
The Indy 500 coaster is usually with the Blue Unit, but NOT always, and the Racing coaster is usually with the Orange Unit.
The Chance Giant wheel being in Fredrick is the same reason as the Wild Mouse...