squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 88.42% (Honored)
  • Lot Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:19:13 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

To be honest I have not noticed any problems with posting or reading any posts myself, and I am usually on here each day if not posting, then at least reading.

You might not be on IE-11 just yet then, or you have a different browser. The system will tell me next time I'm online at the same time as you -- I just forgot to look this morning...
Jzrider0720
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:28:14 AM
When i visit the a post on my iphone i get a "There has been a serious error loading this form. No further information is avaliable.Please contact administrator is this message persists"

bellow that in smaller text is says " if you are the admin, and need help with this problem, please turn off CustomErrors in your web config"
squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 88.42% (Honored)
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:35:57 AM
Fixed - posted from iPhone 🙂
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 12:38:04 PM
Originally Posted by: Jzrider0720 

When i visit the a post on my iphone i get a "There has been a serious error loading this form. No further information is avaliable.Please contact administrator is this message persists"

bellow that in smaller text is says " if you are the admin, and need help with this problem, please turn off CustomErrors in your web config"

Yep, got that for the first time yesterday on my iphone, hadn't tried today but will a bit, but SS you said you fixed, so guess it's good to go.
JustJeff
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:42:19 PM
Secret Squirrel---I was running IE 8 (I believe ) but recently switched to Google Chrome---Can you confirm this? I will stay logged on until I get an answer...PS My desktop seems to be running faster and smoother since the switch--(Or maybe I am imagining it is..)LOL--Thanks in advance ..jeff
JustJeff
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:46:00 PM
Originally Posted by: JustJeff 

Secret Squirrel---I was running IE 8 (I believe ) but recently switched to Google Chrome---Can you confirm this? I will stay logged on until I get an answer...PS My desktop seems to be running faster and smoother since the switch--(Or maybe I am imagining it is..)LOL--Thanks in advance ..jeff

One more quick one---Is it possible to have both IE and Google running? Case I still have an IE window saved while Using Google Chrome in another window..
squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 88.42% (Honored)
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:49:36 PM
You can simultaneously run multiple browsers at once. They can be connected to the same site as well, but some sites will log you out of one browser if you connect in the other -- other times, it runs no problem --

Here's your browser-stamp as of right now --

JustJeff - Views messages in topic FORUM ISSUES - 11/25/2013 in forum Amusement Industry Discussion - 
12:37:48 PM - 12:46:01 PM - 9 minutes - Chrome 31.0 - Win7 

JustJeff
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:53:18 PM
Originally Posted by: secret.squirrel 

You can simultaneously run multiple browsers at once. They can be connected to the same site as well, but some sites will log you out of one browser if you connect in the other -- other times, it runs no problem --

Here's your browser-stamp as of right now --

JustJeff - Views messages in topic FORUM ISSUES - 11/25/2013 in forum Amusement Industry Discussion - 
12:37:48 PM - 12:46:01 PM - 9 minutes - Chrome 31.0 - Win7 

So I am running Both ? Correct?
squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 88.42% (Honored)
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:58:13 PM

So I am running Both ? Correct?

When you're connected to this site, it will only track one browser - so whichever one you used to click your 'last link' you clicked will be the one that appears in the statistics. You can have IE and Chrome both open - but this site, and most others will track you with a combination of IP and username -- the browser info is only used so the server knows what features your browser has and doesn't have. An example: This is IE 11:
IE 11.0 - Win7
- but before the fix, this is how it looked:
Mozilla 0.0 - Windows
- the 0.0 in the version is what made IE 11 fail.

Since you have Windows 7, I would recommend getting the most recent version of IE installed as soon as possible. The longer you keep an old version on, the more risk you take. Chrome and Firefox are more secure, but none are perfect. Most Windows 7 machines are auto-updated, and should be on IE 10 or 11 by now. You can tell what version from inside IE, locate your "Gear" menu on the right (IE 9, 10, 11) - or locate the "Help" menu and look for "About Internet Explorer" - that will reveal a version number -

[EDIT] to properly answer your question, IE and Chrome are both present on your machine, although I cannot tell if IE is running or not -
Chrome definitely is, as it is the one listed on your current record -- but if you clicked a couple links in IE,the system should detect your IE version and use it - until you use a Chrome link again -- Every time you click a link, there is a 'handshake' between the server and your computer -- your browser sends the link it wants, along with a pile of info (including your browser make and model) so the server knows what to send back. This happens with every click anywhere on the internet 🙂
JustJeff
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:04:00 PM
Gotcha--Thanks--I noticed that I have been having more and more "issues" lately and while I am slowly understanding this world a little more,I still have a long ways to go..And my computer geek brother -in-law who usually fixes any issues is out of state for another week..

That being said though,I get what you are saying and again I thank you ---You ARE the man!--lol
JustJeff
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:07:52 PM
one more item and I will let you be.. I am now typing this from the IE side...Is that what you are reading? I will stay at this spot to give you time...
JustJeff
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 2:18:53 PM

one more item and I will let you be.. I am now typing this from the IE side...Is that what you are reading? I will stay at this spot to give you time...

Never mind above question--I just reread your response and the answer was there,I just missed it...Pretty sure I got it now..thanks for all the info and Have a great Thanksgiving...jeff

squirrel
  •  squirrel
  • 88.42% (Honored)
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 5:18:33 PM
Something else that should be resolved in this fix is that members should not be getting 'multiple notifications' anymore for subscribed topics and posts. This bug should also be solved here as well, too. If anyone is getting multiple notifications about a single reply, please let me know. Also, supposed to resolve some emails coming to members in Chinese (really, Chinese)... Please let me know if any of these issues persist. The multiple notifications can be seen by looking at the message times -- if you're getting multiples, they'll all be delivered (sent) within a second of eachother, if not the same exact moment. As other replies are posted, you will get separate emails for those - but again - if you're getting more than one per reply, let me know so I can get it dealt with upstream 🙂