Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Saturday, September 28, 2013 4:35:28 PM
I was looking at past carnivals that has played our fair back to 1978. This World of Mirth that is suspose to play the fair next week were here in 1978 when they had a live elephant ride. Well someone shot the elephant while a child was riding it bullet went through the ear and into the shoulder. Elephant transported to Savannah GA. to animal hospital Does anyone remember this or hear about it? That year I remember the incident but also remember the rides stayed racked well beyond a month for some reason on the grounds but the trucks said Royal Amusements but the articles say World of Mirth Shows. Anyway it was shot with a high powered rifle from across the street.
tiltcharles
Saturday, September 28, 2013 8:52:37 PM
Now that Larry Carr is with Strates shows it will be interesting to see who he uses to suitcase spots and what equipment of his own will be there.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Sunday, September 29, 2013 6:18:33 AM
Originally Posted by: tiltcharles 

Now that Larry Carr is with Strates shows it will be interesting to see who he uses to suitcase spots and what equipment of his own will be there.

Have any idea what he's bring here this coming week? Nothing has arrived yet.
tiltcharles
Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:07:26 AM
It's hard to say. He may sub a whole other show in there.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:38:09 AM
[qu
ote=tiltcharles;226545]It's hard to say. He may sub a whole other show in there. [/quo

Lol! Who you think he might get I like the speculation! Is his show booked somewhere else next week?
Carnivalbuff
Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:39:48 AM
I am bit confused here about a couple of things,

First, I thought the World of Mirth Shows was out of business, once owned and operated by Little Richard Thomas.

Second, are you saying that Larry Carr is going to book a unit into this fair

Third, is Larry Carr now working for Strates Shows? If so, that is very interesting. Thanks.
tiltcharles
Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:49:24 PM
I heard Larry got the contract but was sending another show in. I also hear he is running under wom shows. He is working for strates now I am told.
JustinJames
Monday, September 30, 2013 7:25:52 AM
I believe it will be 25 rides including a Super Himalaya and Rainbow
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Monday, September 30, 2013 9:05:57 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

I believe it will be 25 rides including a Super Himalaya and Rainbow

You think! Dang that would be the best in years!
tiltcharles
Monday, September 30, 2013 10:20:59 AM
If Larry is booking for strates or helping with the show I doubt he would have much time to play with spots like Lancaster. Who knows he may have found his niche. I wish him luck as he has proven himself to be one of the best booking agents in history.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Monday, September 30, 2013 11:26:31 AM

If Larry is booking for strates or helping with the show I doubt he would have much time to play with spots like Lancaster. Who knows he may have found his niche. I wish him luck as he has proven himself to be one of the best booking agents in history.

Charles! Have you heard of any rides headed this way? Fair suspose to open this week
tiltcharles
Monday, September 30, 2013 5:38:12 PM
No nothing. I hear all my stuff from people in mass that are close to Larry. I can ask. What day does it start?
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Monday, September 30, 2013 11:25:20 PM

No nothing. I hear all my stuff from people in mass that are close to Larry. I can ask. What day does it start?

Tuesday or Wednesday I heard! See what you can find out.
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, October 1, 2013 12:44:00 AM
Originally Posted by: Jagger 

Tuesday or Wednesday I heard! See what you can find out.

Look for a 53' van load on the lot....it will be holding all dozen inflates....[cowboy2]

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
Tuesday, October 1, 2013 8:26:49 AM
Originally Posted by: Skywheelrider 

Look for a 53' van load on the lot....it will be holding all dozen inflates....[cowboy2]

You know the way our fair board works! I wouldn't be surprised.