thunderbolt85
Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:30:28 AM
Since a lot of us on here never had the good fortune to work on Royal American Shows, and in some cases never even got to visit the midway I was hoping some folks on here might have some good stories about working on the show.

Anything you have like moving/working certain rides like the Calypso, music rides, coasters, or special rides like the Seattle Wheel, Space Wheels, monorail, etc.

Any good stories or facts about the little stuff as well like information on those railroad light towers on the power plants with the lighting up the corners, or using Cats to move the wagons, loading or unloading the train, life on the train, in the pie car, etc.

Just anything would be interesting to here about life on the "big daddy" show that once was.
Bowler Roller
Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:01:27 PM
I only ever worked St Paul with them. What I remember: more quarters than I could carry, losing my voice every night, and only extra large show shirts.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, July 11, 2013 1:27:40 PM
I never worked on the show but been on the midway many many times. I've heard some great stories myself, but I don't remember alot of the details, names other stuff to comment on them.

Face Book has a RAS page and I know they talk there.

Gomer Dewitt can tell some great ones, but he's not on here though.
bigdaves
Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:49:10 PM
Pal Fontana ran the super himi for Ronnie G. he has awesome stories most true![blahblah] [blahblah] [blahblah]
DL
FUN BUNCH
Friday, July 12, 2013 2:41:07 AM
1971 to 1977 it was the best has never been matched. Someone recently said to me all your friends From Royal American shows have died off and gone. My answer.They have not died off They still travel with me everywhere I go The only way somebody truly ever dies is  When there is not a heart left they once entered.         Pal

IF WERE EVER GONNA SEE A RAINBOW WE HAVE TO STAND A LITTLE RAIN
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, July 12, 2013 12:02:07 PM
Originally Posted by: FUN BUNCH 

1971 to 1977 it was the best has never been matched. Someone recently said to me all your friends From Royal American shows have died off and gone. My answer.They have not died off They still travel with me everywhere I go The only way somebody truly ever dies is  When there is not a heart left they once entered.         Pal

What a cool way of looking at it.

sausageseller
Tuesday, August 6, 2013 9:22:11 PM
Never worked on the Royal but was around it.
Only thing I got is saw some serious Handi talkie radio checks on a couple of guys in my cookhouse
and Petey Andrews and me having a meeting about my golf cart on the midway. LOL

Bus trip in Shereveport to Westmoreland compound was a good time. [look]