dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, August 5, 2007 10:06:34 AM
Yesterday my wife and I attended the Jackson County Fair where Wenzel Amazements had the midway. The weather was off and on rain while we were there but the rides were spinning despite the weather. Admission for this event was $2 and parking was free.

At the grandstand there was an antique tractor pull taking place, in the arena there was cattle judging, and there was a nice display of antique tractors in a tent.

One area that I was pleased to see was a rather large independent food area with a wide variety of choices for a smaller sized town/fair.

Rides were the busiest while I was there and food was a close second. I didn't see too many playing the games other than the dozers that seemed to be the busiest game in my opinion. Yesterday was a pay one price wristband day for the rides, and the wristband was $13. There also were tickets available for $20 which gave you 22 ride tickets. I do not know how much the individual tickets cost.

Here is what was there..

Rides:

Hurricane
Tilt A Whirl
Peter Paul
Rio Grande Train
Fun Factory Fun House
Hampton
Merry Go Round
Go Gator
Fun Slide
Monkey Mayhem
Tiger Inflatable
Rock O Plane
Scrambler

Games:

Fishy Fish
Dozers
Protect The Animals Derby
Fastball
Bonnie And Clyde Shoot Out The Stars
Balloon Darts (2)
Midway Bowling Skeeball
Lucky Ducks

Food:

Funnel Cakes Trailer
Cotton Candy/Candy Apples Trailer
The Snack Palace
Local Food Stand In Arena (4H I Think)
Holiday Watering Hole
KC's Gyros And Pitas
Sweet Treats Sugar Shack
Ellie's Eats Trailer
Brenda's Fry Bread, Tacos And Pizza
L&M Chuckwagon Trailer
Lucy's Lunch Trailer
FFA Alumni Cholcolate Shakes
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade Stand
Holstein Breeders Ice Cream Parlor
VFW Post And Auxiliary Food Stand (Ate a cheeseburger here and it was one of the best burgers I've had in quite a while)

Misc:

Novelty Trailer (selling belt buckles, wallets, knives, lighters, ball caps, hat pins and body jewelry.)
Novelty Stand (selling plastic bracelets/necklaces)
Body Painting Stand
Indian Apparel Novelty Stand
WWIS FM Stand

Pictures of the rides, games, food, novelty stands and some exhibits can be found here....

http://community.webshot...79uxoetc?vhost=community 

Wenzel Amazements Website is...

http://www.wenzelamazements.com 

Enjoy the pictures!
Mark H