thunderbolt85
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 1:12:36 PM
Hey, does anybody know about any new rides Reithoffer might have purchased? Anyone heard anything about them restoring any of their older rides and bringing them back out on the road?

Also, just wondering does anyone know who they sold their Paratrooper and Sky Diver too back in the late 80's?
Tornado
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 12:32:19 PM

Well as far as new rides they are getting at least the ARM Vertigo, not sure when it’s due to arrive. Also, I’ve heard that they are getting a new kiddy ride; I’m just not sure what that will be.
And lastly there has been talk, was mentioned in Carnival mag, that they were looking at a ride from across the pond (Europe). Again I’m not sure who the manufacture is or what the ride is.?
As far as restoring old rides there was talk last year that they would be restoring their old Mack See Strum Bahn (See Storm) ride. Not sure if this ever happened or not? Hope so as this is a unique piece and looks great. From their Face Book page it sounds like they have been busy fixing up/updating several pieces over the winter. One of the projects was putting LED lighting on the Dutch wheel…
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 2:13:51 PM
LED's went on Reithoffer's Century wheel and sky flyer too.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 2:45:59 PM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

Well as far as new rides they are getting at least the ARM Vertigo, not sure when it’s due to arrive. Also, I’ve heard that they are getting a new kiddy ride; I’m just not sure what that will be.
And lastly there has been talk, was mentioned in Carnival mag, that they were looking at a ride from across the pond (Europe). Again I’m not sure who the manufacture is or what the ride is.?
As far as restoring old rides there was talk last year that they would be restoring their old Mack See Strum Bahn (See Storm) ride. Not sure if this ever happened or not? Hope so as this is a unique piece and looks great. From their Face Book page it sounds like they have been busy fixing up/updating several pieces over the winter. One of the projects was putting LED lighting on the Dutch wheel…

Wow! The dutch wheel with LED`s will be awesome.
RodB
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:05:20 PM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

Yeah, really hoping on that See Strum Bahn, that is my favorite ride of all rides. Its very unique and a outstanding music ride. I would rather see this one back on the road than them buying a new one from Europe, but guess we will still have to wait and see.