thunderbolt85
Tuesday, December 4, 2012 7:29:01 AM
Since things are kinda slow on here, thought I might ask some questions about this ride. I know Deggeller owned a Huss (weber)1001 Nights and that he sold it, but was wondering who he sold it to. The reason I asked was because I saw that Floyd and Baxter had their's at the Minn. State Fair back in the 90's and I was wondering if Deggeller sold it to them, or there were two in the country (thought there was only one on the road).

Also, I saw Link one time down in Alabama and they had a Rainbow and Enterprise set up, were those the models that went to Wade? And who got Reithoffers Rainbow?

One other question, did AofA ever own a European Giant Wheel. I have a AofA publicity package that I got from them when I was a kid (i wrote them to ask about the business)and it shows a European Wheel in it, but never really heard tell of anything else about it.

Just wondering.
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:34:57 AM
Wade got Link's Huss Pirat, Rainbow, and Enterprise. Pirat was sold in 2005 to a German showman, Rainbow is parked in WQ in Florida and has not run since the accident on the one in Sweden, and the Enterprise is still on the road with Wade, currently in Puerto Rico.

There is a Weber 1001 Nachts at Knoebels in Pennsylvania, where did that one come from?

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
rideguyray
Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:49:49 AM
I believe the Weber 1001 Nachts(Rainbow knockoff) at Knoebels came from deggeller???????????
I do know the giant wheel at Knoebels was bought from deggeller at some point
Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, December 4, 2012 1:59:40 PM
Thanks, yeah I knew the Giant Wheel was Deggellers as well at the park, guess maybe the 1001 Nights is as well, F&B must have bought another unit or something.

Thanks for info on Link, yeah, I figured we would never see another Rainbow on the road again with all the problems...I wonder if the 1001 Nights has the same problem, wasn't Weber a company that Huss worked with to develop that ride, or am I just misunderstanding?
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, December 4, 2012 5:54:52 PM
I rode a ARM Typhoon this year for the first time, and the ride is NOTHING close to a Rainbow. Another peice of the big picture missing!
rideguyray
Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:11:24 PM
Originally Posted by: Scott 

I rode a ARM Typhoon this year for the first time, and the ride is NOTHING close to a Rainbow. Another peice of the big picture missing!

I bet that Deggeller's Typhoon
did they send it to arkansas?
Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 82.08% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:48:04 PM
Knoebels' 1001 had a Louisiana State Fair inspection sticker on it and it looked like the one I saw in a pic from Minnesota.
Did F&B and Deggeller own that one?
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:34:39 AM
Bill P, that must have been the same one then, cause you know Deggeller had the state fair for a few years there.

Yeah, I agree that the one trailer "Rainbows" are not the same, but with the mechnical problem and so many trailers I just don't think we will ever see one on the road again.

Deggeller had a Swiss or Olympic Bobs as well one time I think, a Chance model maybe, not sure what happened to that one either.
willdecided
Wednesday, December 5, 2012 1:10:42 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

And who got Reithoffers Rainbow?

I was reading last year that Reithoffer's Huss Rainbow was sold to Wonderland Park in Texas back in the late 90's. I found the article again, but unfortunately, you can't read the entire article unless you signup for a free trial subscription (total BS)...

Here is the link to the article (sadly, with the part you can read, it doesn't mention the part about the sale).

http://business.highbeam...g-park-adds-rainbow-frog 

http://www.themeparkrevi...geid=110&linkid=4823 

http://www.wonderlandpark.com/rides.php 

http://www.facebook.com/...3&type=3&theater 

thunderbolt85
Wednesday, December 5, 2012 2:24:18 PM
Thanks Willdecide, I see as well that Conklins Drop of Fear is there as well (still has conklin flags), but thanks for the update.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, December 5, 2012 6:53:02 PM
Originally Posted by: rideguyray 

I bet that Deggeller's Typhoon
did they send it to arkansas?

Yes they did and I got to say... it is one Beautiful ride. The scenery is outstanding and it has these deep purple lights... somewhat like a black light... they arn't much during the day, but at night... really stands out.

HUSSRAINBOW
Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:43:49 PM
Also STRATES Rainbow is now being worked on in Australia, should be back early 2013
UserPostedImage
thunderbolt85
Friday, December 7, 2012 7:26:46 AM
HUSSRAINBOW,

I am not sure that Strates will be bringing the Rainbow back out, that might be the Pirate your thinking about (see current story on Matts).

The Rainbow just has to many problems since that accident. I spoke with Raul Hoffman a few years back and if I remember correctly he said that to use it, they would have to replace a certain part (in the tub I think) once a year which is very expensive, and that combined with the loads it takes and heavy set up/tear down I think it was sold at auction.

Maybe I am wrong and somebody can clear that up.
swooper
Friday, December 7, 2012 10:16:42 AM
there was a Huss 1001 nights booked at the very first Meadowlands Fair. (1980's)

as i recall it was brand new.
could this be the same one?
Cygnus12
Friday, December 7, 2012 12:30:46 PM
Morey's Piers in Wildwood used to have a 1001 Nachts. Found this post over at MrBoardwalk:

Quote:

Out of all of them, one of the main reasons 1001 Nacht was removed was that there basically was a single person (Alex Von Wettering) who could work on the electronics of the ride. Of course, mechanical issues and stuff of that nature could be handled by Piers, but the real technical stuff had to be handled by Mr. Wettering.

Supposedly, the combination of the fact he worked for an industrial shipping yard, up-keeping large freight ships and that he eventually had an aneurysm lead to him be unavailable for work - thus, one of the primary reasons upon Carpet removal. The ride, I believe, is still sitting in a large crate along the Camden waterfront, waiting to be sold.

http://mrboardwalknet.pr...hread=1311#ixzz2EO71DqFt 

Also, the 1001 Nachts at Knoebels is married: http://jezebel.com/5331003/woman-to-wed-amusement-park-ride