tiltcharles
Friday, October 26, 2012 9:02:03 PM
I was told by a friend today that the space wheel has different seats than skywheels and is built differently. Also he tells me the ride is 13 ft taller than a skywheel. Does anyone know? Also has anyone ever heard of Herschell building a ferris wheel out of one of the skywheel wheels?
swooper
Friday, October 26, 2012 9:28:37 PM
i do not know about the height but the seats are different and the booms are skinned and under the skin is x structure like the eli towers.

The Velares used that seat style on at least 2 ground mount sky wheels and the space wheels.
JustinJames
Saturday, October 27, 2012 4:12:16 AM
Rim irons appeared to be aluminum.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:44:07 AM
Originally Posted by: tiltcharles 

I was told by a friend today that the space wheel has different seats than skywheels and is built differently. Also he tells me the ride is 13 ft taller than a skywheel. Does anyone know? Also has anyone ever heard of Herschell building a ferris wheel out of one of the skywheel wheels?

This person must be talking about the Seattle Wheel that Drew has.

It was not built from a Sky Wheel, but does have trailers which form the base like a sky wheel and towers look alike.

Flying Coaster
Saturday, October 27, 2012 12:17:36 PM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

Rim irons appeared to be aluminum.

They are, as are all Skywheel rims. The Space Wheel ones have a center stiffening web as opposed to the full width channel stiffening web like on all the Herschells built after the prototype one, which had the same center web configuration as the Space Wheel rims.
All Skywheels should be yeller.
mikecroaro
Saturday, October 27, 2012 12:48:27 PM
Arn't the seats for the Space Wheel, and the Velare Sky Wheels similiar to those of the Astro Wheel?

Mike
Flying Coaster
Saturday, October 27, 2012 4:45:05 PM
Originally Posted by: mikecroaro 

Arn't the seats for the Space Wheel, and the Velare Sky Wheels similiar to those of the Astro Wheel?

Mike

Only in the sense that they are in fact seats. Astro Wheel seats look like big goofy fuel oil tanks.

All Skywheels should be yeller.